IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: On the subject of a recall...

Quote:
Originally posted by dcarrb
Was the "campaign" ATF filter not the product of a factory recall intended to address the early problem of debris clogging the screen in the radiator-contained cooler?

dcb
Well it was, but I don't recall the factory actually saying that there was a problem. Just like they did not say anything about the faulty linings that were fitted in the first place. No info about when they were replaced, other then 'some time in 93'.

It was not the screen in the cooler that was the problem, as that was sound engineering practice. It was the large pieces of lining that came through, that was the problem. It would seem that the factory had no confidence in the transmission suppliers, to fix the problem, as they removed the mesh in 94, though the problem was supposed to be fixed.

Unfortunately 70 % of the production had been built by the start of 94, so most were affected. FHI remained quite about it, just as Mitsubishi has with there truck problem.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
can someone get me more info on the 3.90 finals? what model/year had it and is it plug n' play to the SVX? ive been researching the 4.11's and 4.44's, but i think a 3.90 would be better for me. thanks in advance

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 11-16-2004, 06:49 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by odepaj
can someone get me more info on the 3.90 finals? what model/year had it and is it plug n' play to the SVX? ive been researching the 4.11's and 4.44's, but i think a 3.90 would be better for me. thanks in advance

dustin
To be on the safe side, you'll need a 4EAT and matching rear diff from a '93-'98 Legacy turbo sedan or wagon. (not 100% ure if turbo model was offered through '98).

The trans would be a direct plug-n-play, and the rear diff would be large enough to house a limited slip.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)