SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-03-2004, 05:55 AM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
Quote:
Originally posted by Bwana
NO WAY, IGGY IS HERE!!!!one! Sweeeeet. (why havent i noticed your other 60 posts???)
I'm a ninja

is it sad that one of the first thingsd I did when I registered was to look for the OT forum ??question?

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k
Old 06-03-2004, 09:41 AM
deruvian

What happened to the driver?

Did he manage to get the car going again after all of the inevitable water intake?
Old 06-03-2004, 11:04 AM

Have noticed how thick the ice really is?.. must be atleast 4-5" ... imho -no way that ice could break just by ONE car ...!

If I remember correctly the rule of the thumb says that this ice could take 2000-2500kg (that's more than twice as much in lbs!)

Sure a very high speed could break the ice, but you CANNOT drive that fast this close to land, on glare ice, no way!

...or am I missing something ....

PS. I have been driving on ice my whole life ....

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 06-03-2004, 12:09 PM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
usually when we ice race here in new england, the ice has to be around 18" thick. speeds never exceed 30-50 mph on course (depending on tires and drive type). people that go off course get upwards of 100mph when they're screwing around sometimes.

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k
Old 06-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Ha - quite a different reaction here than if you pop into nabisco with a picture of the sti in ice these days.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:18 AM
SVX Appeal

From live2cruize.com:

"It happened on Jan.27, 2002 near the village Tarbja, on a small lake. There was an icerally competition for enthusiasts on one part of the lake. This Subaru driver did not participate in the competition, he just ignored rules and went for the quick round to unmarked ice. Unfortunately there was open water in that area of the lake in the morning and thin ice when it happened. The Subaru was a brand new STi with approx 200km on the odo. The driver had crashed badly his last year edition WRX twice and he had just received this STi the day before. Fortunately the driver is a thin but tough man, so he has survived unharmed every time. This time he didn't even get wet."
Old 06-04-2004, 12:47 AM

Ahhh...got it, looking at the other pics in the links, I see that they have actually pulled it backwards TROUGH the ice, towards land.

Probably they have sawed the ice to make room for the car, that's why it looked so suspicious.

If you look at other pics, showing the actual place where he went trough, the ice is no more that 1-2" ....

And in a place on the lake where you would anticipate such bad ice (I don't know what it is called in english, but where you have land "pointing" out).

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***