Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-28-2004, 10:01 PM
MYgreen92

I only wanted to go because of Flaw, their my favorite band ever...anyway, i think the SVX is great in snow. Its a very predictable, forgiving car. after "practicing" last winter for hours on end, i can hold a nice 100 foot sideways powerslide if i wanted to, pull the car out of any spin/fishtail, and come out of parkinglots sideways with enough control to even manuever which lane i want into. It scares people around me. they think im sliding out of control. of course, i dont go very fast in the snow. all this with Yoko ES300 dry performance tires...
Old 01-29-2004, 05:47 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
A good 4wheel controlled slide is one of the highlights of the SVX, and if you play Need For Speed Underground, you get $$$ to fix up your virtual ricer for good 4wheel slides

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms
Old 01-29-2004, 06:52 PM
nervous

I drive 172 miles a day on I80. Ive always had suvs then i got the svx to save on gas( i spend more now) but theres no other car id rather be in.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:56 PM
nervous

forgot to say 4 new cooper snows 225/60. I had new mastercaft speed tires on and had no control of car .
Old 01-30-2004, 11:55 AM
nextcubepro

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
I am running on a set of Sumitomo all-seasons and have no problem whatsoever. I was trolling around last night in 8 inches of snow and even running through plowed snow on the shoulders that was over a foot thick and it didn't even phase the car. Checked my tracks and was leaving belly tracks everywhere I went. I think my SVX is a tank in the snow. I can also steer through corners with the throttle with little effort and it is a total blast to drive.

What makes the backend come around so easily is the posi rear. On Vehicles with open diffs at at each end at least one wheel per axle cannot spin and will help you track straight. With the SVX one of the front wheels stays planted and the others pivot around it. That is what makes it so much fun to drive. The only place where the SVX may do worse than the average SUV is in DEEP snow. Most SUVs have open diffs unless they have an offroad package and only have 2 wheels driving at best when it counts. The SVX has 3 at all times. As long as you do not overwhelm them with power and break them loose you will ALWAYS beat the SUV in traction.

-Johnny (it's all in the tires and the driver)
Well, at least now I know why my SVX feels better in the snow than SUVs...