How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-16-2001, 03:51 PM
joeaux

Bill,
Captain Beefheart? Man you ever heard the Capt. Beefheart/Frank Zappa album "Bongo Fury"? Awesome. One of the truely best R&R albums of all time. When you hear Frank break down and do the guitar solo at the end of Muffin Man. Oh my god. It send chills up my spine just thinking about it! Oh, and what's with the map of Texas? Man get with the program. Put a picture of you car up there. That Texas thing must be embarrasing.
Old 03-17-2001, 06:30 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Quote:
Originally posted by joeaux
Bill,
Captain Beefheart? Man you ever heard the Capt. Beefheart/Frank Zappa album "Bongo Fury"? Awesome. One of the truely best R&R albums of all time. When you hear Frank break down and do the guitar solo at the end of Muffin Man. Oh my god. It send chills up my spine just thinking about it! Oh, and what's with the map of Texas? Man get with the program. Put a picture of you car up there. That Texas thing must be embarrasing.
Yep, I've got an extensive collection of Beefheart stuff - I think I have all of his domestic albums, plus a few imports, plus some other stuff. One of the few truly unique musicians to appear on the pop/rock scene in the latter half of the 20th century. Most people have never heard of him, but check out how many musicians have been heavily influenced by him. I've just started listening to Howling Wolf, and I realize where Van Vliet got his singing style. Got to meet him (DVV) once, have an autgraphed piece of his art work.

Yes, Bong Fury has Muffin Man, which is a great cut. I've got a vinyl of it. Recorded at the now extinct Armadillo World Headquarters in Austin.

Hey, you dissing my home state? I'm only embarrassed when I think of some of the recent crop of politicians it has produced. Besides, I don't have a picture of my car.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 03-17-2001, 12:28 PM
joeaux

Not messing with your state. Just LOVE to tease Texans. Some get real irrate. That just makes me dig deeper. I've got a good friend who is a Texan (don't ask me to admit it again). He's an engineer at a nuke plant.
-joe-
Old 03-17-2001, 06:22 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Talking

Nah, if the teasing is in good fun, I can tease back just as hard. If it's mean-spirited, I try to just walk away. Besides, someone who knows something about the good Captain, and it a MAC fan can't be at all bad.

Don't think it's likely I'll go back there and live, but I do miss the barbecue, Tex-Mex food & culture, and a lot of other things.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.

Last edited by svxter; 03-17-2001 at 06:27 PM.