Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 03-08-2016, 12:58 PM

Anyone done the "Power" switch mode in AUS/NZ

OK - I want to do this addition to my OBD1 95 LSi

- BUT I have one question

has anyone done this with a AUS/NZ "new" model - NOT a JDM import (which normally already has the switch located below the gear selector).

What I am really looking for is a circuit diagram of the TCU area - NOT a USA version (I already have those manuals).

I wish to know if the TCU A4 connector is already used on the schematic, also with NZ/AUS "new" models is it just a simple case of shorting pin A4 to GND (or +12V) in order to get our model to show/act like the accelerator pedal is firmly placed on the floor.

What does pushing accel to floor actually look like (electrically speaking - where is the signal derived from?).

Thanks

Steve in Auckland, NZ
1995 LSI, Added the following - Gear Firm-Up unit (that I sell) together with Power TCU ROM & Power switch, K&N air filter, SVX side badges (USA type), Rear Deck Blower (JDM type), Side front markers (USA type), Side rear markers (USA type), Middle rear light (USA type), USA OEM Fog Lights fitted into NZ OEM glass (NZ OEM headlights had only reflectors fitted) Full set of yellow (90SH) Polish bushes includes 15 min mod, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted/gold finish rotors & Red covered braided brake lines (both from Dayle at Motorsport warehouse), EBC Redstuff brake pads. Full SVX bra (only used for shows). Koni adjustable inserts fitted inside OEM strut body, Zoom lowering springs (2" lower), OEM headlight washers fitted.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Anyone done the "Power" switch mode in AUS/NZ

Steve, If you look in my locker here:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/oab_au/13732.jpg
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/oab_au/13733.jpg
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/oab_au/13731.jpg

You will find some scans of the NZ/AU/UK tcu.

There is no connection to this pin 4. If you ground pin 4 in this model it will switch on the Economy program that we don't have any wiring or switch for.

I do not know if you can switch on the US style Power Mode that our model has. I replaced the Economy program with the JDM Power Mode program, by fitting a ROM that Phil did for us some time ago. This is the better set of shift maps, changing all the, up and down change points, while allowing the Cruise Control, and the engine braking to work as normal.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.

Last edited by oab_au; 03-11-2016 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Bad link
Old 03-10-2016, 05:23 PM

Harvey,

The link above does not work ???

I see that I may need to contact Phil in order to get a "special" made up....

http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/index.html

regards

Steve in NZ
1995 LSI, Added the following - Gear Firm-Up unit (that I sell) together with Power TCU ROM & Power switch, K&N air filter, SVX side badges (USA type), Rear Deck Blower (JDM type), Side front markers (USA type), Side rear markers (USA type), Middle rear light (USA type), USA OEM Fog Lights fitted into NZ OEM glass (NZ OEM headlights had only reflectors fitted) Full set of yellow (90SH) Polish bushes includes 15 min mod, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted/gold finish rotors & Red covered braided brake lines (both from Dayle at Motorsport warehouse), EBC Redstuff brake pads. Full SVX bra (only used for shows). Koni adjustable inserts fitted inside OEM strut body, Zoom lowering springs (2" lower), OEM headlight washers fitted.

Last edited by SURTEESS; 03-10-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:43 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURTEESS View Post
Harvey,

The link above does not work ???

I see that I may need to contact Phil in order to get a "special" made up....

http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/index.html

regards

Steve in NZ
Fixed it, try now.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:48 AM

Well my NZ new 95 model must NOT have A4 connected to the module internally - as I do not get the power light coming on when pin A4 is shorted to GND ?

So now I need to remove the module and swap it out with a JDM version ?.

Anyone else had a similar issue ?.

Anyone know where / what components are connected to pin A4 within the module - that way I can conform by opening up my module to check what is missing?.

TIA

Last edited by SURTEESS; 01-22-2019 at 02:59 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: