SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2001, 09:15 AM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Cool On the Road Again...

This is my first post in here, and the first time in months that I've had a little bit of downtime at work to navigate this site and I must say, it's looking good, kids! Anyhoo, for those of you living in sunny Flo-Ri-Dah, I'll be traveling through your fair state this Saturday through next Tuesday. I'll be in J-Ville for a couple hours or so, but my final destination is Ft. Lauderdale. On the way back I'll be going through St. Pete/Tampa Bay, so Joeaux (and the rest of you in FL), if you see me, Open the sunroof and raise a finger... I'll take it from there!

SvXit
Old 06-27-2001, 09:30 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: On the Road Again...

Quote:
Originally posted by SvXit
This is my first post in here, and the first time in months that I've had a little bit of downtime at work to navigate this site and I must say, it's looking good, kids! Anyhoo, for those of you living in sunny Flo-Ri-Dah, I'll be traveling through your fair state this Saturday through next Tuesday. I'll be in J-Ville for a couple hours or so, but my final destination is Ft. Lauderdale. On the way back I'll be going through St. Pete/Tampa Bay, so Joeaux (and the rest of you in FL), if you see me, Open the sunroof and raise a finger... I'll take it from there!

SvXit
Olu. Thanks for visiting our little corner of SVXdom and for the compliment. Please come back as often as you can. I sure wish I was making to trip to FL with you. Had hoped to visit the Bay Area this year, but, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to (much to the disappointment of "everyshadeofblue," who's sparkplugs I was going to replace). Have fun, be careful and have a Corona on the beach in my honor.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-27-2001, 11:07 AM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Randy, it really does look pretty in here, but I'm still having a difficult time finding my way around so far. Hopefully, I'll get comfortable enough with it to where I can actually stop in on busy days.

As for the trip, the only part about it I'm not looking forward to is the mileage; it will bring me that much closer to the expiration of my extended warranty. Who knows, mayhaps the tranny will go out during the trip and I can dig one last hot iron in the side of this warranty company

And this trip will be a big'un. I'll basically be doing an outline of the state, so I'll be doing more driving than relaxing and sitting still, but I will try to get to a beach at some point.

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele
Old 06-27-2001, 11:29 AM
Lowered SVX

i was actually born in FL.

Jacksonville to be more precise. What is really funny is that I have not been back to Jacksonville since my birth. I guess at some point I will make a pilgrimage there just to say I have gone. Good luck on your trip and hopefully the SVX will hold itself together.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-27-2001, 12:05 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SvXit
Randy, it really does look pretty in here, but I'm still having a difficult time finding my way around so far. Hopefully, I'll get comfortable enough with it to where I can actually stop in on busy days.

As for the trip, the only part about it I'm not looking forward to is the mileage; it will bring me that much closer to the expiration of my extended warranty. Who knows, mayhaps the tranny will go out during the trip and I can dig one last hot iron in the side of this warranty company

And this trip will be a big'un. I'll basically be doing an outline of the state, so I'll be doing more driving than relaxing and sitting still, but I will try to get to a beach at some point.
If Don (svxphile) Addington can get comfortable here, ANYBODY can. All he did was piss'n'moan about how difficult it was when he first entered. Now, he's punning like a pro and hitting all the threads (saints preserve us!).

As far as more "driving" than "relaxing," during my "big" trip, the SVX made the "drive" very "relaxing." Of course, I'm preaching to the converted. Not many of us have driven the SVX Coast to coast . . . twice. Happy trails.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-27-2001, 01:35 PM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Hey SVXIT,

I sent you an e-mail, I'd enjoy meeting up with you. Maybe Joeaux can come too? I've never met him, but always enjoy talking to fellow SVX drivers.

I really do wish Randy (Aredubjay) was coming down this summer. Not only because he's a spark plug changing master, but because I'm sure he'd be a lot of fun, especially after the 6 pack of beer I promised him. But I'd make sure we finished the plugs before we drank any

The weather in Florida this time of year is unbearably hot. Winter is beautiful, how come more of you don't come then???
Old 06-29-2001, 10:41 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Piss and moan?

<if Don (svxphile) can get comfortable here, ANYBODY can. All he did was piss'n'moan about how difficult it was when he first entered. Now, he's punning like a pro and hitting all the threads (saints preserve us!). >

I BEG YOUR PARDON! I have urinated correctly since my potty-training days! The only MOANING your heard was when I kept banging into dark corners as I tried navigating around in here (ouch!). There are STILL a lot of things I don't understand (what the heck is a vB code?), but I know enough to be dangerous....It is interesting to spool through all the threads, but it takes sew long! Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"