SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-15-2001, 10:37 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
tranny

I now know how 4EAT tranny failure feels like on the road.

My warranty info is not on file yet so I have to delay the fixing my tranny for another a week and half or so I called the dealer and he told me that the car is ok to drive around so I drove it back from the dealership to my apartment (30 miles). While I drove it back, I set the car at 70 on cruise and the engine rev goes back and fourth between 2.25 to 2.5k rev. It feels like I am driving on the bumps since the car keeps shaking. The car got home safe. Then I have to drop my friend off, so Instead of taking the eclips, i took the svx out (SVX has AC and it was 95 in chicago). got to his place (another 15 miles). As I turn into his driveway, the thud got louder and and it's feels like riding a horse and I can't go beyond 40mph. Then at the red like I had to stop and when the light turns green, i press gas and the car does not move but the gears grinds. It revs up but no movement. I put the car in Nutral and we push the car back.

I called the towing people and tow the car back. I even got into a fight with one of the towing company. He was asking for 150 to tow back 15 miles and he wants to put it on a flatbad. I am ok with flatbad but 150??? anyways, I ask what if he just tow it, and he quoted 90 - but he said, it's a subaru, and it's AWD so I have to put it on a flatbad. I told him it's SVX-L FWD vehicle. He told me he as been in the towing business for 20 years. I told him I own the car. He told me he is going to chekck when he comes over and if it hs AWD, he is just going to leave me. I said fine come over <click> and the idiot hangs up on me.

In another word, I had a bad day.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 06-15-2001, 10:45 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Lwin, don't be too hard on the tow company. I'm sure that in the 20 years this guy's been in the business (in his early years), he failed to flatbed an AWD car or two and ended up with lawsuits on his hands. He's just trying to cover his a$$. Can't much blame him for that. On the other hand, the fact that your dealer said you could drive the car around in the condition it was in, was a bit irresponsible on their part, I would think. If failure was imminent, he should never have made that suggestion, especially since further damage could've occurred when your tranny went south. I'd pick you up in Chicago, but, #1) I won't be going through there, and #2) You probably wouldn't be comfortable in the back seat, since my wife's coming with. Hope your day gets better.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-15-2001, 10:55 AM
Lowered SVX

that sucks.......

damn it i really wanted to see another FWD SVX! stupid subaru dealers can just piss me off! sorry to hear you will not be able to make it in the suby. hell come in the eclipse just so we can meet you! my local suby dealer is holding me up because they are being slow asses about getting my local mechanic the tranny mount they need to repair my car. i love my SVX but i hate my local suby dealer with a passion.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"