Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects

Old 09-10-2009, 08:51 PM

My engine build.

Well After boosting my SVX I feel in love with the H6 turbo power. That being said its time to go bigger.

I have started to pull the engine from my parts car and it will soon be coming apart.

Here is a run down of what will be in the motor:

Darton Sleeves (orderd up a set of 6 already)
Forged low compression pistons (8.5:1 is where I'm shooting)
Eagle H-Beam Rods (im told EJ22 ones are fine but I'll double check before I order)
ACL main and rod bearings
Crank will be machined and polished
BC valves
BC valve springs and retainers
Turbo cams (probably delta grinds but still undecided)
Cometic head gaskets

On the power end:

Precision 6765 Billet turbocharger
4" downpipe (going to be a ***** to fit considering the problems with the 3" as it is)
Custom intake manifold with top feed conversion
Custom fuel rails
1200cc Precision injectors
Hydra EMS
3" Charge piping
Precision front mount (750hp capable)

I'm sure there is more I'm missing but this is what I will be doing between now and next April. Engine will be out this weekend and will be shipped to get sleeved once I decide on pistons and rods.

I would really like to see 700awhp on pump and meth but we'll see what happens. BTW a stock bottom end supra made 844whp with this turbo on pump at 31psi so power goals are realistic... just need to make the engine hold it.

EDIT: im always up for constructive criticism so send it my why if you have any!

1992 RHD WRX: EJ20G, 16G, Cusco Coilovers, Wilwood 4pot/2pot brakes, Defi Genome 60mm gauges, Exotic speed downpipe, 3.5" A'PEXi spec GT catback

Last edited by the_paynter; 09-10-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:42 PM

Re: My engine build.

Your build sounds very good! The only recommendation I would make would be to run higher quality rods.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:15 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Eagle Rods are more than enough in terms of quality and pricing. He will gain nothing if he buys Pauter or BC.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Eagle Rods are more than enough in terms of quality and pricing. He will gain nothing if he buys Pauter or BC.
^ he speaks the truth. I ran them in my 500awhp 02 WRX build and a lot of my honda buddies run them on their turbo civics (400-670whp cars) So im not worried about them. Just because rods like cosworth cost more doesn't make them better. I'm more worried about piston selection.

1992 RHD WRX: EJ20G, 16G, Cusco Coilovers, Wilwood 4pot/2pot brakes, Defi Genome 60mm gauges, Exotic speed downpipe, 3.5" A'PEXi spec GT catback
Old 09-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

What are you going to do with 700awhp?
What brakes will you be running?

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:03 AM

What will i do with 700awhp? Look at it as I probability will be to scared to drive it

Still working on the 4pot setup and ill run some hawk HP plus pads and some decent rotors (once i can find some that fit). If I cant get them to work then some willwoods.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

You will definitely need some 8pots with 380mm discs for the fronts...

Old 09-11-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
You will definitely need some 8pots with 380mm discs for the fronts...
lol. Thats a little over kill. If im tracking it I will for sure. I don't speed EVER on the street so I dont need it there but if I'm tracking it I will melt the 4pots first time out lol. It will be trial and error with brakes. Worried about the Cage and engine first.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Have you guys measured the run out of the big and small end of an eagle rod? The quality control and tolerances of the cheaper rods leaves much to be desired. Pauter rods do have better tolerances, surface finish quality, ect. To do it properly, you really need to have your machinist true the eagle rods to fix these issues. If you choose to not do this, well its a crap shoot. These are just my opinions though. Many people have been successful with eagles and other chinese manufactured rods.

It does look like eagle has corrected their issue with 5/16 fasteners that created a lot of issues a few years back. The 3/8 ARP 2000 fasteners will get the job done. I would simply size the big and small end, as well as check the weight on your set.

Last edited by FriendlyTurkey; 09-11-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: