Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 02-21-2009, 04:04 PM
There is no charge for Awesome

Send a message via AIM to Chuckles
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Re: Painting Engine Parts

As it happens, I'm doing the same thing. I went a different route though, opting to buy a second set of parts that I needed. mostly because on a hot engine, most paint needs to be cured, or heated until it glazes a bit (or is smokes something biblical). Also yeah prep is so much easier (dare say the only way possible) when its not on the engine.

Over spray on your expensive collector car= bad.

If you get scared, I'll do a How-To also, and post a thread on my work once the parts arrive. I Have a very nice dSLR, so I can get some huge pics for you too. PM me if you just want me to send you my extra part when I'm done, I could even prep and paint it for you if you like my results.

(Jason)

92' Subaru SVX LS-L Claret http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3214312 for the pics and stuff
Old 02-22-2009, 10:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy'sSVX
Re: Painting Engine Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
As it happens, I'm doing the same thing. I went a different route though, opting to buy a second set of parts that I needed. mostly because on a hot engine, most paint needs to be cured, or heated until it glazes a bit (or is smokes something biblical). Also yeah prep is so much easier (dare say the only way possible) when its not on the engine.

Over spray on your expensive collector car= bad.

If you get scared, I'll do a How-To also, and post a thread on my work once the parts arrive. I Have a very nice dSLR, so I can get some huge pics for you too. PM me if you just want me to send you my extra part when I'm done, I could even prep and paint it for you if you like my results.

(Jason)
How much would you want for your extra intake manifold? And when are you planning on doing a how to?

1994 Barcelona Red LS 97,xxx miles
Mods:
- JVC Indash head unit, polk 6.5's, 6X9's, 2" tweeters, and 8" JL audio subwoofer run off of MA Audio M589I amp. Fiberglass Front splitters molded in, Shifted back stock spoiler, & repainted minor faded parts (Mirrors, rear quarter garnishes),18" murano 5-spoke wheels w/cooper zeon 2xs tires, '97 grille
Old 02-22-2009, 02:30 PM
There is no charge for Awesome

Send a message via AIM to Chuckles
Registered SVX
Post Re: Painting Engine Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy'sSVX View Post
How much would you want for your extra intake manifold? And when are you planning on doing a how to?
It depends a lot, I sent you a PM about it. I'll start a thread about it soon. Sooner if you want one.

Here is what the manifold looks like underneath. hope it helps everybody.

92' Subaru SVX LS-L Claret http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3214312 for the pics and stuff