Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
How about some more dumb luck!

Last June the Foresters windshield molding came off on the highway. This was after having Abra auto body and glass replace the windshield a little under a year prior. They of course came out and put a new one on for me for free. I was pretty annoyed, but whatever.

Well, last week I was driving and all of a sudden, this black thing moves quickly out of the corner of my eye and "THWAP, THWAP, THWAP" on my roof. The new one that had been installed had come loose and was smacking my roof. Keep in mind that I'd been assured "the previous guy just didn't quite do it right, but it's done correctly no. No more problems."

I went into my local Abra location pretty pissed. Talked to the glass people on the phone. The guy said he thinks they'll probably just replace the windshield but needed to check with the manager first, but he also scheduled me a time for today.

The guy came today to replace the whole windshield (which got a chip in it less than a week after it was replaced) around 12:30. He left at about 1:30. Then at 2:05 I got a call from the guy at Abra saying that his manager has said they won't replace the glass, but will replace the molding

I told him that his guy had just left from replacing it and he made some comment about who scheduled that. I didn't bother mentioning that he was the one who did it.

Anyway, they're obviously not charging me for it. So I got a nice new windshield for free, 1.5 years after the last one had been put in. Because of some crappy glue and miscommunication.

Not as cool as the free paint job, but hell, I'll take it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: