Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-21-2008, 06:32 PM

engine skip

I know this has been an issue on others and has been mentioned before but; I have a bad miss (happens more often than not) at idle and in 4th automatic gear below 2rpm. When I'm able to give it more gas and the transmission shifts down and rpms go up, no miss. I have swapped out all coils and changed the MAF. It has been doing this for a very long time and no one can figure it out. Any help would be great. Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

Also every time I drive the car my oil dipstick handle gets pushed up about an inch and sits out of the channel...related?

Last edited by cutrell3; 08-21-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:16 AM

Registered SVX
Re: engine skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutrell3 View Post
I know this has been an issue on others and has been mentioned before but; I have a bad miss (happens more often than not) at idle and in 4th automatic gear below 2rpm. When I'm able to give it more gas and the transmission shifts down and rpms go up, no miss. I have swapped out all coils and changed the MAF. It has been doing this for a very long time and no one can figure it out. Any help would be great. Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

Also every time I drive the car my oil dipstick handle gets pushed up about an inch and sits out of the channel...related?
as for the skip problem i don't know
but dipstick getting pushed out is ok, i think. i had this problem with my old svx and it was running very fine,before someone steals it well when i found it back i had to do an hg job, i don't know if it was because when they stole it they kicked the ass out of the engine or because it was an incoming sign, sometimes its only the o-ring being tired...
Ebony black 92 Ls-l Alive - 25XXXX - Quick change, Powermod , Alternator Mod , audiobahn 1300 watt ach ,exile 800 watt peak, jackhammer 12" 300 watt rms, polkaudio 6 1/2 compoment. kenwood dvd\nav . radar detector.small car lens and grill
Old 08-22-2008, 05:47 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX

I haven't had the dip stick problem but I have read here before that it could be caused by a bad PCV valve.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 08-22-2008, 07:43 AM

Registered SVX

yeah i remember cleaning the pcv valve could fix the problem, but as for myself it was nothing....
Ebony black 92 Ls-l Alive - 25XXXX - Quick change, Powermod , Alternator Mod , audiobahn 1300 watt ach ,exile 800 watt peak, jackhammer 12" 300 watt rms, polkaudio 6 1/2 compoment. kenwood dvd\nav . radar detector.small car lens and grill