SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 01:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to zamorush Send a message via Yahoo to zamorush
Registered SVX
Smile Upcoming Bay Area SVX Meet

The meet is still on!!! We are looking for enthusiastic SVX'ers who would like to participate.

If you fill like participating, then say so in the "Upcoming Meets" Section, or click on the link HERE

The Schedule is July 21st. So be there........ or be........ anywhere place else.

Nik

red 94 LSi
Old 07-10-2002, 06:43 PM

Registered SVX
Updates

Hello everyone again!!

Here are some updates.

First, We need to vote on which day do we plan to hold the meet, is that Saturday the 20th, or Sunday the 21st. Personally I vote for Saturday. Less worries about upcoming Monday, and usually a lot of people have Sundays as their family days.

Second. Scottnkat, the meet will be held in San Jose, or Santa Clara, which is in Bay Area. If that is too far from you please say so. However, last time we there were two owners from Sacramento area.

Place to meet???????? Hmmmm....... for all the previous SVX'ers out there, did you guys liked the D&B meeting place? IF you did, then we should meet there again. However if not, then let me think on another place, or tell me your suggestions.

Places to go. Well, I like the Santa Cruz mountains idea. It is a beautiful place to be and a great place to test out your car. There are some good roads, and some twisty turns. Although, if you like speeding, this time it will be kind of difficult, since last time I've driven on Skyline, there were four patrols over that area. (Never seen them before)

Another great place to go is MT. Hamilton. The highest point in the Bay Area. It is 25 miles long, going up the mountains. The Road is very twisty and in some places very narrow, however there are some great views. For all the explorers out there, you can try going down from MT. Hamilton using the other side. But to warn you, that is a very boring ride, it took me about 4 hours to complete 120 miles of mountain road.

And the last place that i think may win over those two, is Lake Dell Valle. If we meet in Milpitas, at D&B, then to go to LDV, we would have to take the freeway over the hills towards Livermore. After, get over hills by 84, and enter the downtown Livermore. The road to the actual lake is very steep uphill, with not a lot of views, however it is really wide, and really interesting to drive one. The lake itself, and the park looks very nice too. But you have to pay 4$ for entering.

So those are my suggestions. Feel free to email me, or just leave your posts.

nik
Old 07-18-2002, 10:28 PM

Registered SVX
The meet is almost there.........

The meet is on, 2 days left!!!!

2nd Bay Area SVX Meet

The meet will be in Milpitas, at the main entrance of Dave and Busters, Great Mall. If you need a directions, click here . The meet will start at 11 AM, which is when D&B opens up. We are planning to wait at least half an hour for everyone to arrive.

The rest is pretty simple, get to know each other, take some pictures, and drive to Lake Del Vale. I think that is the best place to go since it not only have a great variety of sceneries, it also has some pretty good roads to test out your SVX. Although, if you have any other ideas, bring them on!!!!

Anyway, one more piece of info. If you are planning to be late, please call me. Email me for my cell phone #. My email is: petrov992@attbi.com, and AOL screen name: shizonovich.

Thanks for reading this and thanks for joining the meet!. Any question?

email: petrov992@attbi.com
AOL: zamorush, shizonovich
remote email: nikapetr@mailcity.com

P.S. Please email me if you are coming, so that i know how many people are going. Thanks