How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-16-2002, 09:09 PM
museumquality

Thumbs up I'm Back, with the "ebay red 94" details inside

I just purchased the red 94 lsi off ebay, it is described as spotless, a one owner -extremely well taken care of.
If by chance the owner is a member here, i'd love to chat. Again this is the 94 off ebay last week, 42,000 miles out of Salt Lake.

8 months with out an svx, i managed well, but had to buy another.

i came home one night after a very long day, cruised to ebay, did my standard svx search, and POW!!!. there its was, i actually believed everything i read on the description and headed for the buy it now option, knowing that some one out there would have grabbed it with in a few days. So, it was 12:55am, i place my bid for the option, and behold! , its now 1:00 am friday, ebays scheduled maintinance, shut down until early morning, in a freaky daze, i fell asleep with my lap top on, just in case i woke up, i could place the bid.
i woke up the next morning, and it seemed my senses were functioning, thinking clearly now, i decide to get to the gallery call the dealership and ask all the traditional svx questions.
They tell me someone is coming in at 1:30 with cash to buy it. I said well, i will be buying it now in just a few seconds, they said i would still need to wait until after 1:30. I then noticed "0" feedbacks, and stated that an ebay purchase is a binding contract. Not that negative feedback will ruin a person or biz, but this is common auction knowledge. Full respect for the ebay auctions!
They agreed, - sorry to the other guy, i bought it now- right then. Left my deposit and paid the balance today. I will see the car thursday this week.

Anyway its good to know i'll be back in the seat of a svx, being 42,000 and a new warrantee coming along with it, i hope to keep this one for quite awhile. Time to clear the svx spot in the garage again, i never thought it would be back, 3rd one now, what a trip.

For those who are interested here's a link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...659805&r=0&t=0

i will be replacing the wheels with polished aluminum 18 - 8s
if anyone is interested in the stocks they look major clean, let me know. as well as the center grill fakey light, i'll replace that immediately with the 97. (the one part on the car the has always bothered me) thats all for now, as i said its good to be back.

drive fast have a long week!
jb
Old 04-16-2002, 09:17 PM
Green1995SVX

Thats great to hear!! They always come back. Always.

-Mike
Old 04-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Congrats on the purchase!

Let us know what you might want for the rims & waterfall grille.

I have 1 bad rim but I know I'll never be able to match it up with a single replacement.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:16 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: I'm Back, with the "ebay red 94" details inside

Quote:
Originally posted by museumquality
i will be replacing the wheels with polished aluminum 18 - 8s
if anyone is interested in the stocks they look major clean, let me know. as well as the center grill fakey light, i'll replace that immediately with the 97. (the one part on the car the has always bothered me) thats all for now, as i said its good to be back.

drive fast have a long week!
jb
Hey!

Nice to see you back on the board and back with the SVX. Great job. If you are getting rid of the waterfall grill, I'll take that. I have a 97 grill but I want an extra one to hang on and do a little R&D on.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-16-2002, 10:41 PM
museumquality

seraph,

thanks, i'll let you know on the grill -1st.

jimi
Old 04-16-2002, 10:47 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
seraph,

thanks, i'll let you know on the grill -1st.

jimi
Jimi, do you still have the specs on the clear headlight you did?

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-16-2002, 11:13 PM
museumquality

well i do,

however,, my specs were not so high tech.

brain at small car is working on a actual mold, that will hopefully recreate the same shape as our existing.
i know he's having a tough time with the high and fogs, without the bezels, the coverage is very spot like. i thought it was fun however, much like off road floods.
I think i still have some photos in my locker here. i could easily right up the project, including materials, and all included.

though i do recommend talking with Brian on this. I just went off on my lights like a wild man. they looked great, but could be greatly improved.

infact angusfong, if you are on-board here, please give me an update, curious to how and what, you did with the paint project.

out->
Old 04-16-2002, 11:38 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Unhappy Oh man. I hate breakin' bad news.

I'm afraid you got ripped off Jimi.

According to the Ebay ad, this car has a V6.

Welcome back!
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-17-2002, 02:24 AM
Hitchhikin'

Good to see you back, Jimi.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:28 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Jimi, I'm happy that you keep coming to your senses (third time SHOULD be the charm )

Welcome "home."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-17-2002, 08:40 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:

i know he's having a tough time with the high and fogs, without the bezels, the coverage is very spot like. i thought it was fun however, much like off road floods.
I think i still have some photos in my locker here. i could easily right up the project, including materials, and all included.
I took into account this problem when trying to think up how to do mine, and came up w/ a possible solution from talking to this guy I meet in the meijers parking lot (meijers is like a kmart, but better for those of you that dont have one). Anyways, he has a ford probe and redid his head lights w/ projector driving/fog lights. Said they work perfectly and they looked sweet to. If we took 2 sets of those and angled them correctly in there, filled the gaps w/ fiberglass, finnished the fiberglass with paint, chrome, or whatever, then put the plexiglass clears over that, it would probably work pretty well. I'm curretnly looking for a head light that's been dammaged to try this out w/ before I go moding my nice headlights