How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-24-2005, 10:02 AM
After 200, it's all the same.

My performance crossroads

I have been contemplating this for a while now and figured I would see what you all have to say.

I have got alot of money tied up into my stereo system in my car. Should I sell it and invest solely for performance or keep it and build up a well rounded car. I do every now and again turn up the volume and rattle some windows, but it feels as though the days of heart pounding bass are over. The days between turning up the volume are stretching further and further apart. Only hang up I am having is that every now and again I will get a new CD that has to be blasted at full volume.

Please help.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 12-24-2005, 10:19 AM
After 200, it's all the same.

Silver State Classic

I know this is supposed to go into the meets area, but I wanted to start it here to gather interest.

I am spearheading a meet during the running of the Silver State Classic this summer. I would like to know about the interest level before calling for hotels and accomodations. Their website has a complete list of accomodations available. http://www.silverstateclassic.com

Let's see what we can do. Not only does this give us a chance to gather, but we can also participate to see what these cars will do.

Here is the preliminary signup.

1. HighwayUFO

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 12-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Old Guy

No CD has to be played at maximum volume to be appreciated. In fact, most lose quality beyond a given volume and your ears confuse sounds beyond a certain volume or range. You may be able to discern more quality sounds at the lowest possible volume your particular hearing allows. By the way, with your volume turned up all the way, your hearing ability diminishes over time, and this will have long-term consequences. A car is not the place to go for high quality sound. It is too confined and is not designed to rebound sound off interior surfaces. My advice is to go with a reasonable quality sound system in your car and spend your bucks on a high quality system for your home. You can design/arrange your home to take advantage of the quality produced by high end sound systems. Besides, listening to music played at a high volume in your car is dangerous - you simply can't hear warning sounds outside (horns, sirens, trains, etc.). Best wishes.
Preston
Old 12-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
That and you dont want everyone outside the car to hear that new Ace of Bass CD you just bought.

What kind of stereo set up? my cousin had a truck set up for DB drag, hit 171.something decibels when they metered it. of course, the truck isnt a very roadworthy thing with the additional 1200 pounds of good stuff.

if its a really simple system sell some of it off. if its really involved, you midaswell keep it there
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 12-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
get rid of the system. Buy a high powered head unit and use quality door and rear deck speakers and you will have some very crisp yet good sound. You will also save some weight getting rid of the subs and amp

Tom