How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-12-2005, 03:59 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Angry The SVX might have saved my life, TODAY!!!

I have thought about inserting this thread in the other featuring my accident, but I preferred beginning with another one, The STORY:

Today at 9.00 am, a terrorist bombing in Lebanon killed a deputy of the government and my other people and burned around 40 cars (it was 100 pounds of TNT)... this is not the issue, the issue is that the explosion happened at the exact same road I go each day to work!!! and I pass on it sometimes at 8.15, other at 8.40 but mostly at exactly 9 !!!!

My dad go to his work in the same area where I work but at exactly 7.40 oclock and on the same road, so today I had to get up early and go with him... and after 45 mins the explosion was heard. We thank GOD we are still alive.

Who knows, maybe if I haven't had that accident 2 days ago I might be passing today on that road and........

Year 2005 is a bad year to us, we had 15 terrorist explosions so far, we had 1 prime minister killed, 3 deputies of the government also killed, 2 deputies injured, 2 VIP journalists killed, and another VIP journalist severely injured. Adding to that many multimillion dollars shopping centers, houses and factories which were all destroyed...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 12-12-2005 at 05:19 AM.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:25 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Wow! Talk about a silver lining. This would be it! Did you know any of the deceased?

What in the world is going on over there? Are these ripples from the Syrians leaving? Please! Don't tell me Lebanon is slipping back to Civil war again.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 12-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
No Rob, no civil war this time, the Lebanese people are more mature now than to go into this.

Here is a LINK about the bombing. If I haven't had that accident I might be killed out there, along with my car

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:25 AM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
there is always a reason for things to hapen as they do, i would consider yourself a lucky man!

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 12-12-2005, 05:50 AM

So this was an assassination on a political figure. Unfortunately, a successful one.

I'm glad you weren't there!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Danny,
the Angels are working overtime with you lately, my friend!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
So this was an assassination on a political figure. Unfortunately, a successful one.

I'm glad you weren't there!
Unfortunately they are getting the good guys... I hope the UN finally takes some stiff measures concerning the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Danny,
the Angels are working overtime with you lately, my friend!
-Bill
Bill you are 100% right. First of all I didn't dream that my car's damage is that simple to fix, second I didn't also dream in finding a wrecked SVX over here, and for my good luck I find it before 12 hours from my accident, and third that bombing which happened in mid rush hour killing many innocents and on that road which I go through every day...

Thank you JESUS for keeping both your eyes on me

Old 12-12-2005, 02:30 PM

Hey Dan, how did you get over there anyway? Were you born in Beirut, or did you just kind of end up there?

I ask this for it seems English is your first language, or it seems that way judging your style of writing.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
I was born Rob in the countryside in a town called "Mtolleh" which is marked in a red dot on the map. In the lebanese civil war, all people from the countryside became homeless (including us) and we had to get to Beirut to find jobs and that's where we stayed.
After the war we got back to our native town, rebuild a villa there, so now we have a two houses in beirut (one which is for me) and another in the countryside.
On the map you can see the orange dot right in the center. This is where I live (called Beirut suburb)... and this is where also the explosion took place today. (5 mins away from home)

As for my english.. well english is my third language. My first is arabic, my second is french. All the guys in this forum laughed at me when I first logged in. They were like:"anybody knows what this guy is talking about??... was that english????" hehehe....

Old 12-12-2005, 03:51 PM

Well, you definately write English like a pro now.

I spent 6 months floating off the coast of Beirut back in 1983. In fact, it was the marines off our ship (USS Austin, LPD4) that were in the Airport Hilton when it was blown up. (Or blown out is more accurate) We spent 3 days digging them up.

There was this Israeli gunboat that kept messing with us. It accidently came toward us at a fast clip one day, and we went into Battlestations. They thought it was funny, and spent the next month running at us daily to watch us panic. To say the least, we were really ticked off, cause we had no choice but to be prepared every single time. We couldn't get any sleep at all. They finally brought in an Aegis class Destroyer that could outrun them, (Yep! it really could!) and got a little....uhhh... nasty with them. It broke their habit.

Back then there was this Ferris Wheel on the coast of the city. Is it still there?

I never will forget. Gunfire, tracers and illumination rounds out in the hills..but the Ferris Wheel was still turning. There was this Huge hole in the side of the Holiday Inn downtown... Actually....There were holes in everything.

I feel for you dude. I can't say "I know" what you went through, but I can say I watched it.... and it wasn't pretty.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:38 PM

Wow.... I killed this thread.

I'm a thread killa'!

Old 12-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
No you didn't! It's interesting to see who our forum members are.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)