Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-17-2005, 03:46 PM
resilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
So Mr Silva, in what business are you in right now? R U thinking of getting back to the SVX world?? -----> ----->
I'm in the same business as I was in while running KC. I'm an
Assistant Director in the Film, TV industry. Currently I'm working on a TV show for Warner Bros.

For those of you that remember here's our OLD bio from the old KC site.

Jacob Nowicki
Is a Co-owner who is the backbone of our internet and web designed
on-line shopping site. By day he's an Aerospace Engineer employed at
Boeing; currently working on designing and implementing 3-D virtual
reality software that will be used to help build the international
spacestaion currently being constructed for NASA.

Richard Silva
Is a Co-owner in charge of product performance, design, research &
development and sales. By day he's an Assistant Director working on
anything from Feature Films, TV Movies of the weeks, to newer media content such as internet based variety and episodic shows.

Back to your question, am I "thinking of getting back to the SVX world" many a day have I thought of getting back into the SVX world. At the time I was at Jake's mercy for web based anything; sales, design, e-commerce interface.

Now a day it's easy to run an on-line anything because of Paypal, eBay etc.

Main problem in getting back in it has always been an ethical one and a semi-legal one. All products were designed by myself for KC which Jake and I where 50-50 partners in. Can't sell stuff using the KC name without Jake's involvement.

If I ever were to really get back into it I would have to use a different company name. Currently I have no serious interests in getting back to the parts, R&D side of SVXs.

-Richard Silva-
Kinetic Concepts '98-'01
Old 10-17-2005, 05:00 PM
resilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
271 hp from just intake and exhaust?
Went back to my old Dyno session notes
271hp was the next goal at the next dyno session. That sesion was going to be for cold ram pipe and fuel trims tuned.

That combo never got Dynoed. For some reason I had that number in my head still.

My notes from our last dyno session were of exhaust and exhaust intake combo.

Here's what the results where.
KC Exhaust alone was 13hp or 243hp
Combo of KC exhaust, KC intake and free tips 'n tricks was 34hp or 264hp

The KC exhaust was dynoed alone with stock intake.
The KC exhaust, KC intake and free tips 'n tricks combo was dynoed last.

Prior to the exhaust session we had a dyno session for the intake a few weeks earlier.

KC Intake with free tips 'n tricks and stock exhaust was dynoed at
18hp or 248hp

The KC intake was dynoed with tips 'n tricks and stock exhaust.

Glad you asked, I went to my notes thinking I'll show that Alaskin he needs more that bald H rated tires.

Thanks for asking,

That post should of read
KC intake w/ free tips 'n tricks
KC Exhaust
KC Silicone hose kit
KC steel braided lines built by Goodridge for KC.
KC Carbon Kevlar street pads.
With just the above mods power was at 264hp

-Richard Silva-
Kinetic Concepts '98-01'
Old 10-17-2005, 05:36 PM
resilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsport-SVX
but I still have a set of your white faced gauges
They didnt match up to the svx, and I never got
a refund on. Bought them at least 3 yrs ago just as
you where getting out of the whole scene and I was
getting into it. Think the ones you sent me fit a
Legacy.

I'm assuming that this is Dayle from Motorsports Warehouse or an employee.

We never, I repeat we never sold white face gauges for any Subaru or any
car.

Therefore we never sold or could have sold you White Face gauges.

If this is Dayle; you were in direct competition with us during the last 2 years we were in business,(2000 and 2001). Meaning why would you buy stuff from us.

Don't know how old you are or how old you're getting but I think you're starting to loose it a little.

We did have a link on the old website that asked if anyone was interested in purchasing white face gauges to e-mail us name and phone number. If we received interest from 50 or more people them we could have them made.

Out of the hundreds of e-mails we received we only had 34 people inquire over the 4 years we sold SVX parts.

Needless to say that we never had them made, or even sold anything close to white face gauges.

Hope this clears things up.

-Richard Silva-
Kinetic Concepts '98-'01
Old 10-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by resilva
Went back to my old Dyno session notes
271hp was the next goal at the next dyno session. That sesion was going to be for cold ram pipe and fuel trims tuned.
That combo never got Dynoed. For some reason I had that number in my head still.
My notes from our last dyno session were of exhaust and exhaust intake combo.
Here's what the results where.
KC Exhaust alone was 13hp or 243hp
Combo of KC exhaust, KC intake and free tips 'n tricks was 34hp or 264hp
The KC exhaust was dynoed alone with stock intake.
The KC exhaust, KC intake and free tips 'n tricks combo was dynoed last.
Prior to the exhaust session we had a dyno session for the intake a few weeks earlier.
KC Intake with free tips 'n tricks and stock exhaust was dynoed at
18hp or 248hp
The KC intake was dynoed with tips 'n tricks and stock exhaust.
Glad you asked, I went to my notes thinking I'll show that Alaskin he needs more that bald H rated tires.
Thanks for asking,
That post should of read
KC intake w/ free tips 'n tricks
KC Exhaust
KC Silicone hose kit
KC steel braided lines built by Goodridge for KC.
KC Carbon Kevlar street pads.
With just the above mods power was at 264hp
-Richard Silva-
Kinetic Concepts '98-01'
Still very impressive.

Any chance I could get the schematics for that setup? >_>

I have to be one of the only SVXers here without a custom intake/exhaust setup.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Low end?

What were the dyno plots like? Was there any adverse effect on the low end torque? I've always been curious about that. I was around back in 98 and visited your site all the time. It's good to have you ack around!

Mat
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 10-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by resilva

Back to your question, am I "thinking of getting back to the SVX world" many a day have I thought of getting back into the SVX world. At the time I was at Jake's mercy for web based anything; sales, design, e-commerce interface.

Now a day it's easy to run an on-line anything because of Paypal, eBay etc.

Main problem in getting back in it has always been an ethical one and a semi-legal one. All products were designed by myself for KC which Jake and I where 50-50 partners in. Can't sell stuff using the KC name without Jake's involvement.

If I ever were to really get back into it I would have to use a different company name. Currently I have no serious interests in getting back to the parts, R&D side of SVXs.

-Richard Silva-
Kinetic Concepts '98-'01
Mr Silva, you are a loss to the SVX world and to our forum in specific. We really need a supplier like you and Ecutune who always are looking to upgrade performance professionally through dyno testing and R&D's. Anyway, try to rethink it over... we would be more than willing to get your stuff again.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Nice to know your about and ok. I too regularly checked in to the KC site.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Loki

I had your exhaust and your intake... had no idea they had that much of a diffrence.... 271hp? Damn...
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX10
What were the dyno plots like? Was there any adverse effect on the low end torque? I've always been curious about that. I was around back in 98 and visited your site all the time. It's good to have you ack around!

Mat
I'd like to see the dyno plots too. I'm curious what kind of power the SVX put down to the wheels stock. Was it an AWD or 2-wheel dyno? And how did you come up with the performance gains? did you scale the gains for the power to the wheels?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:02 AM
resilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
I had your exhaust and your intake... had no idea they had that much of a diffrence.... 271hp? Damn...
Should have read 264hp I re-posted thanks to "NikFu S." asking; I believe my correction is in post #17 in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
I'd like to see the dyno plots too. I'm curious what kind of power the SVX put down to the wheels stock. Was it an AWD or 2-wheel dyno? And how did you come up with the performance gains? did you scale the gains for the power to the wheels?
If I remember correctly it was an AWD Clayton Dyno with load.
UPRD dynoed it. They turned into UPFD in later years.

Yup since Jake is an Aerospace engineer (yes I know you don't have to be one to figure out the numbers) he scaled the gains from power to the wheels.

Completly stock and everything being refreshed (tranny, O2 sensors, knock sensors, radiator, all Subaru TSBs performed on vehicle) performed with a
1/4 mile time of 16.43 sec. on 92 octane. at 73F outside temp at 485 above sea level. Yes power mode was on.

Dynoed in the same form our stock 92 SVX put down 120hp-121hp to all four wheels under load.

This dyno was one of the first AWD Dynos in California. Sport compact Car used it for all their AWD tests back in 99-00. Rhys Millen of Toyota Supra, Mitsubishi EVO 7 and most recently Pontiac GTO fame used it for all his tests.
He was actually their when we tested the intake, and stock SVX.

I'll have to give Jake a call as he has the Dyno graphs. He owned the car so he kept the graphs. I just wrote down the info for my notes.

-Richard Silva-
Kinetic Concepts '98-'01
Old 10-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Hitchhikin'

Hey! I used to buy my nitrous from UPRD! I remember that they changed their business name sometime while I was a customer there (they kept the acronym, but the R and D stood for something else, can't remember). I think they had already sold the dyno by the time I got there, but I remember hearing about it.

And thanks for making me feel like less of an idiot about my 1/4 mile times... I hit something like 16.1 or 16.2 in 90-100 F weather, and I thought I was doing something wrong. The damn car just refused to launch.