Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 03-16-2005, 01:43 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon500
You would think different if you found me on the street un-announced.
Talking of less than communicative
SVX drivers, it reminds me of the middle eastern bloke I followed in a white SVX one night.
I caught up with him at some lights where I was to turn right.
With me in the right turn lane, and him in the lane next to me, I powered down the wife's window and loudly said "G'Day!", to which he looked at us as if we were driving a camry.
I tapped at the split window frame I case he didn't recognise the car, to which he continued to stare disdainfully until the lights changed, whereupon he just took off down the road as if I was going to race him from the right turn lane, changing lanes without indicating as he went.

Sidenote; In my fourteen years of driving the three Subi's I've owned, I've tended to notice that usually the most curtious drivers on the roads are other Subi owners, had he stolen that one?
Are we really the most law abiding drivers? (speed limits excepted!!)
Rego was
black on white AAS-49Q
Arthur
ps, If any of this looks weird, I'm just getting used to my new computer running Mac OS.X.
What, may I ask, is wrong with driving a CAMRY!!! The blue peril SVX Pursuit Vehicle caught many a rare SVX!!!

Shame on you, for shame for uttering such harsh words.....

*off to draw SVX windows on my office window*

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 03-16-2005, 03:11 AM
newportclaret

Hi SVXicists (Moshols mafioso in particular)

Our computer is playing up and is currently in hospital, so I'm trying to type on Tony's appallingly small laptop keyboard so that I can keep up with SVX news (clearly I need to get a life! - Woolies and SVX site only escapes, may be I need to get into Tupperware)

Moshols - is it a secret or can you divulge the mechanic who services your first-born?

Our neighbour is lovely, but a bit of a wally and clearly lacks the SVX driver's disposition. I haven't mentioned the sighting to him, but will keep it for ammo if the need arises (typical female). He actually said that he took the baby to the fire station to clean it out so that he could pick someone up from the airport - it was a brothel and I can guarantee that Tony is not like all males with his SVX hygiene. Coverless, scratched-beyond-recognitioin CDs, paddle pop sticks, dental floss sticks, ice-cream wrappers, countless chocolate bar wrappers, coat hangers, McDonalds congealed orange juices fallen over in the console compartment mixed with his capuccinos complete with antibiotic growth, a tie collection to rival Imelda Marcos' shoes, Manly Daily issues dating back to the war - Andy Warhol eat your heart out. My car is no better and has that doggy/kids stench to go with it.

re the middle eastern guy with disinterest - I think he's a fireman who's been house and car sitting and had just been accosted by Moshols.

Must go - have to remove the apple stickers from the steering wheel.
Karin
Old 03-20-2005, 04:30 PM

Hi Karin

Your car interior description is priceless- now mine does not seem so bad! Do you just want a normal service for your svx or does it need some work? As previously explained to others here i am very fortunate to have had theProtecnia Racing team fix mine up last time- they did a top job!

I'm now living at Mona vale and looving it- to top it off, when i came home on Saturday arvo and was turning into my street....oh lalalala a pearl svx, clearly a resident as the wiper blades were looking a bit salt corroded.

I dropped Chris home then wrote a note and drove back to where the svx was parked and parked across the road from it (4pm). (I wasn't snooping but i did notice some evidence of a hungry jacks meal on the front passenger seat- possibly had been flame grilled chicken meal deal medium?)

On the note i just asked if they had come on a drive 2 years ago and i didn't introduce myself because i was going to leave mine parked opposite so that would explain the note.

A few hours later (and some rain periods as well) i joyfully went back to where it was parked at around 10:30 Sat night. To my dismay there was no letter and the svx was still parked there with my (now wet) note. I hope the marker i used didn't leak and damage their paint! The dilemma was- leave my car there overnight or make use of actually having my own car park for the first time in a year..... my own car park won so i drove home and now i'm not sure if the driver would understand the freaky note they got on their windscreen:

"Hi did you go on the drive 2 years ago? do you go on the forum?
Michelle & Chris"
(not sure if i added nice svx or not)

Anyway.... Jason do you have the numberplate i texted you? It was a Pearl 92 with yellow & black plates- i didn't write them anywhere else....

BTW, Jason I invented the stat of your area having the highest per capita svx ownership based on personal viewings. I am now going to take it back and say that they are all north of Collaroy (this includes: Paulie when he visits his friends, the black one on Macarrs Creek road, Newport claret, Me, The pearl one i saw in mona vale on Sat night which i am sure resides there, a green one like mine at collaroy, the white and black one somewhere near collaroy sighted on pittwater road a few times man with lots of hair and rambo or whatever his name was with the yellow one!)

I really should be doing some work!
Michelle
Old 03-21-2005, 01:24 AM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Lucky you - you seem to be surrounded by SVXs!

It should make it much easier for you to "recruit" new members to the forum!

Maybe by leaving a note that reads as follows:

"You are hereby ORDERED to log onto www.subaru-svx.net, proceed to the Down Under forum, and.........................."

".............if these orders are not followed within 24 hours, your SVX will be confiscated................."

..........we need some new members here!

Jason. (wondering when the next meet will be!)

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX

Last edited by JDW-SVX; 03-21-2005 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:09 AM
newportclaret

Service for NewportClaret

Hi Moshols
I feel I'm going to regret asking this for fear of being labelled simple , but who are the Protecnia Racing Team - they sound like what NewportClaret needs. We just want her to purr again instead of listening to her drive shaft revolving like it's about to blast off for the moon! May be all the McDonald's orange juices have seeped through to the drive shaft - ick! - can you believe such undeservings such as us own an SVX?

She's due for a service and we have a great guy in Mona Vale, but every now and then we treat her to a dealer service in case there's just something they know that he doesn't - but the only choices are the dealership at Brookvale which are hopeless (rocker cover replaced backwards on previous subaru) and the other dealership who just have a nice Italian name. The name of any one familiar with SVX's would be great.

Hope your move to Mona Vale was a good one - haven't spied you yet.
Karin
Old 03-31-2005, 01:18 AM

Hi

My SVX had been bought new from and serviced by Brookvale by the first owner - he had mixed comments about them and on a number of occassions, they had to call upon SVM at Lindfield to help out with a number of gremlins.

I had had 'dealings' with Brookvale when I was looking for an SVX prior to buying one and to be honest, their complete and utter lack of knowledge on the SVX put me off. With SVM, their service area is asking for a car to be scratched/damaged so that was a no no either - another SVX'er has had negative comments about them too.

I took mine to Subaru Penrith but the service tech there has moved to Denlo (this is current info as of June 04) so................

Depending on what needs to be done, I would give Subaru Roseberry a call - they were very helpful with bits and pieces and seemed ok....but better would be to buy the service manuals and let your mechanic, if he/she is compentent, use them - you can rebuild an SVX from the parts with them!

Lets see some rego's of these sightings!! I am in severe withdrawal over here!

James

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
newportclaret

SVX Service

Hi James
Thanks for your advice. I was actually holding back on my opinion of all the ones you mentioned - we've had dealings with all of them. SVM Lindfield, apart from their price, were asked to remove the sound system and replace as the factory one was faulty. They had the car for several days as the part didn't arrive as scheduled and then rang us to say the part was in and the car would be ready that afternoon. I was dropped at Lindfield that morning and I waited in the park all day for the car with our newborn - that was no problem, I do a lot of waiting in parks - but when it came to picking up the car (I'd had my mobile on all day and they could have contacted me) I walk into the workshop and found a pre-pubescent Fangio wrestling with the dashboard, sound system sitting on front seat. It ended with me and my screwdriver from the glovebox helping him work out the jigsaw puzzle of the dash and the stereo system and I drove off with half the push clips hanging out and wires sticking out from crevices. The plastic wood grain bits never quite matched up after that.

So Lindfield and Brookvale are off the list.

Rosebery is just too far for us - it would be a day trip with demanding offspring - but I'll keep them in mind when it really needs work.
Karin
Old 03-31-2005, 03:51 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsvx
but better would be to buy the service manuals and let your mechanic, if he/she is compentent, use them
That is exactly what I want to do! I have a very good mechanic, who lets me watch everything he does as he works on my SVX, but......................

........I CAN'T BUY THE SERVICE MANUALS!!!!!!!!!

...........but you have them!

...........hmmmmm........

........must get hold of service manuals when James returns............

Jason.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW-SVX

........must get hold of service manuals when James returns............

Jason.
And what would I do when I get another SVX????

Old 04-01-2005, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportclaret
Hi James
Thanks for your advice. I was actually holding back on my opinion of all the ones you mentioned - we've had dealings with all of them. SVM Lindfield, apart from their price, were asked to remove the sound system and replace as the factory one was faulty. They had the car for several days as the part didn't arrive as scheduled and then rang us to say the part was in and the car would be ready that afternoon. I was dropped at Lindfield that morning and I waited in the park all day for the car with our newborn - that was no problem, I do a lot of waiting in parks - but when it came to picking up the car (I'd had my mobile on all day and they could have contacted me) I walk into the workshop and found a pre-pubescent Fangio wrestling with the dashboard, sound system sitting on front seat. It ended with me and my screwdriver from the glovebox helping him work out the jigsaw puzzle of the dash and the stereo system and I drove off with half the push clips hanging out and wires sticking out from crevices. The plastic wood grain bits never quite matched up after that.

So Lindfield and Brookvale are off the list.

Rosebery is just too far for us - it would be a day trip with demanding offspring - but I'll keep them in mind when it really needs work.
Karin
That is yet another dealership that stuffed up the CD replacement...as I understand it, the dash was put in around the CD unit and there is a very detailed way in which to remove it - one of the US guys had a 'FAQ sheet' from a few years back - its on my home PC back in Sydney so can't forward it to you.

I know everyone has to learn somewhere (eg, like apprentices) but not on my car!

Old 04-01-2005, 02:20 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
And what would I do when I get another SVX????

Quote:
one of the US guys had a 'FAQ sheet' from a few years back
Have a look at this..................

http://www.geocities.com/svxdc/AudioInstall.htm

Jason. (constantly chanting - "must get service manuals........")

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: