SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2004, 04:10 PM
#073 of 301

New "friend network" from Google

Hey folks,

There is a new (2 day old) beta on-line friend community called Orkut (from Google) goin' on now. I went to start an SVX community on there, but someone has beaten me to it. I figure it could be a useful place to hang out, learn, and BS in general. The very first (and currently ONLY) thread in the SVX community is mine which links HERE to these forums.
It is currently by invite only, so there arent (m)any retards on there (yet). If you are at all interested in checking it out, if not for the SVX group maybe just for the helluvit, please post your First and Last name in this thread and a valid email address (sorry, they don't allow Hotmail) and I will invite you!

If you dont feel like posting your personal info like that in the thread, you can IM me
AIM: ps2canada

Hope to see ya there.
-Dan

PS: I posted this in this forum b/c of the SVX community. Please move it if you need to.

Last edited by Dza; 01-24-2004 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:28 AM

DZA I lost track did you find a car?

Tom

That's a Subaru
Old 01-26-2004, 08:28 PM
#073 of 301

Oh, hey Tom. Sorry about taking my time to reply heh
No, unfortunately I haven't found an SVX yet. This hasnt stopped me from researching and learning about them tho! The interest is definitely still there. (Too bad the money isn't heh)

As a matter of fact, that Claret 92 I test drove in November is still sitting on the dealer's lot! The sales manager there has made it his personal vehicle (at least it didnt go to that rich guy's daughter!). This sucks because he lives out of town and commutes (read: 2000+ kms put on this thing since November). Also, they upped the asking price from 16k to 17k lol.
I'm thinking that the Sales Manager likes it so much that he is TRYING not to sell it. I've moved on from that one obviously, but is the only SVX example within a few hundred miles of me so I still follow its happenings

BTW guys, Bad/Good news with Orkut. Seems they have received enough input from the brief beta run and are making improvements now:

"We've taken orkut.com offline as we implement some improvements and upgrades suggested by users. Since orkut is in the very early stages of development, it's likely to be up and down quite a bit during the coming months. None of the information you've entered will be deleted, and none of the connections you've made will be lost. And, if all goes well, you should see some significant improvements when we come back online.

We'll send an email once everything is ready and running again. Thanks for your feedback and for bearing with us as we work our way up the learning curve.

The orkut team"

For those who care, or are still interested, you can PM me your info and you'll get your invite as soon as I can log back on.

-Dan

*EDIT: Orkut is back alive again. I have processed all invitation requests that were sent to me by PM. (Did not figure this thread was worth bumping again heh)

Last edited by Dza; 01-28-2004 at 09:52 AM.