Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Fuel Injector Seal Kit

Does anyone have any thoughts on using the following fuel injector seal kit? It contains the filter and two Viton o-rings per injector. I am debating opening the injectors up and resealing (currently the rails are removed) but I would like to avoid paying the crazy amount for the OEM if possible.

Link to product: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Quality-...26d0d2&vxp=mtr
Old 04-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Fuel Injector Seal Kit

That kit is probably fine. I've never tried changing the filters. You'll be breaking new ground if you do. Use petroleum jelly on the o-rings and fuel rails when you install the injectors or the o-rings will tear and leak.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:48 AM
5spd + coilovers = win :D

Registered SVX

Just send off your injectors to Deastchworks or some other injector rebuilding/flowtesting company. It only costs ~$20 an injector and you don't have to worry about breaking anything. Plus, you'll get a chart that shows how much your injectors flow and they'll be shiny again.
Mods: Power Slot front rotors, polyurethane sway bar bushings, window scratcher fix, SPD hood struts, Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers, Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar, R-134a conversion, 93 Legacy SS 5 speed swap, Ceika coilovers, ARP head studs

2001 Black Toyota Sequoia (hauler/daily)
1992 Blue Toyota Cressida (drift car)
1992 Red Toyota MR2 (weekend/track day car)
Old 04-13-2015, 07:57 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
That kit is probably fine. I've never tried changing the filters. You'll be breaking new ground if you do. Use petroleum jelly on the o-rings and fuel rails when you install the injectors or the o-rings will tear and leak.
That's kinda what I was afraid of. $35 isn't that much but it's nice to know if it's 100% gonna work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWindows View Post
Just send off your injectors to Deastchworks or some other injector rebuilding/flowtesting company. It only costs ~$20 an injector and you don't have to worry about breaking anything. Plus, you'll get a chart that shows how much your injectors flow and they'll be shiny again.
This was my other thought. I was leaning towards Mr injector but I sent him a message seeing if he would accept the injectors still on the rail (afraid of breaking them).
Old 04-14-2015, 05:44 AM

Registered SVX

I got my reply back from Mr Injector. He accepts Fuel Injectors still on the rail (he has a tool for removing them). This is the route I am going and they have already been boxed up. The cost is $17 per injector and with the flow test and cleaning it seemed like the most practical choice.

For those interested I will update with my results.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:01 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input

Sounds like a good plan.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:37 PM

Registered SVX

I received my cleaned injectors back and here is the flow result (before/after). It looks like they were in good shape to begin with so I don't expect to see any redemption of performance.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:18 PM

Registered SVX

I forgot to mention that in the return package was a set of o-rings for the injectors to seat in the lower manifold. I installed them today and they seemed to fit fine.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:48 AM

Registered SVX

UPDATE

So just to be safe I ordered the OEM fuel injector seals (part that seats the FI into the Rail) and they seemed different enough to make me replace them all. I didn't have a caliper to read the exact measurement and they COULD have probably worked but better safe than sorry.

Last edited by theflystyle; 05-15-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflystyle View Post
I got my reply back from Mr Injector. He accepts Fuel Injectors still on the rail (he has a tool for removing them). This is the route I am going and they have already been boxed up. The cost is $17 per injector and with the flow test and cleaning it seemed like the most practical choice.

For those interested I will update with my results.
Thanx for your info. We did the same on a spare set of rails and injectors. Super fast turn around. Fast response to emailed special requests. Should have them in hand by late Monday. Looks like you found a good service business.