Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2002, 01:50 PM
Lowered SVX

Ot: Want To Hire

I bought an 88 Conquest TSI, 2.6L Mitsubishi turbo about six months ago. I was driving the car back from my purchase when the timing belt broke which of course caused the head and maybe even the block to be destroyed. I have an extra block. I can get a head for the car for $450 or so.

What can not seem to find is an honest mechanic who is willing to take on this project. I am willing to pay fair market hourly rate. I just want the work to be done properly and honestly. If there is anyone out there that is willing to make time for such a project you can either PM me or email me at cavaron@hotmail.com.

This car could be really fun. Come one Beav this project would be perfect for you!!

By the way there is no time limit on when I need this project completed. Anyone tackling this project could basically take their time and know that I would not be harassing them to complete it. Also I will pay to have the car towed and of course I will pay for all the parts up front.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"

Last edited by 1994SubaruSVX; 12-31-2002 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:52 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Thanx for the vote of confidence!

It's hard to believe there's nobody to trust there. I have no place to repair cars away from my workplace. We don't allow customer supplied parts - too many things can go wrong, plus with our 12/12, coast-to-coast warranty it raises other issues as well.

I'd be happy to work on your car, it just has to fall into these restrictions until I find a house with a suitable garage.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:04 PM
Lowered SVX

12/12 coast to coast coverage??

does that mean your shop offers a 12,000 mile or 12 month warranty even on an 88?

what is the name of your shop? what is the hourly rate? give me an idea of what i could expect to pay even with you guys buying the parts?

outside of yourself do you have any other suggestions? comments?

thanks for responding beav. there may be someone here but i dont personally know anyone and have had a hard time finding a mom and pop shop i can trust. do you know of any shops near me?
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 01-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Leo, this is very tempting for me!

But the garage is a bit cold in January, even with the heater!

I was going to recommend these guys, because I thought they used to play with the Starion/Conquest, but I couldn't find any reference to them on their web page.

http://www.buschurracing.com/

You might want to call them anyway.

Have you looked into any discussion forums for the Starion/Conquest? They may be able to help as well.

edit: found this, try here

http://u.webring.com/hub?sid=&ring=starquest&id=&hub

Good luck!

Todd

Last edited by wawazat??; 01-02-2003 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Re: 12/12 coast to coast coverage??

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
does that mean your shop offers a 12,000 mile or 12 month warranty even on an 88?

what is the name of your shop? what is the hourly rate? give me an idea of what i could expect to pay even with you guys buying the parts?

outside of yourself do you have any other suggestions? comments?

thanks for responding beav. there may be someone here but i dont personally know anyone and have had a hard time finding a mom and pop shop i can trust. do you know of any shops near me?
I have no idea exactly what it is that you need until I have a chance to see the car. If you want I could have them do a worst case scenario/estimate, replacing the entire engine with a Jasper unit (3/36 warranty.) Our shop rate is $69/hr. and we're a Goodyear franschise.

Sorry, but I have no idea where else to take your car, things change, people's attitudes (and therefore the quality of their work) change...
Old 01-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Lowered SVX

todd.........

i wonder how much it would cost me to truck it up there this spring. see todd i need a do-it-yourself mechanic who is willing to work from his own garage on the side and not charge me $65+ an hour.

i have two extra blocks, two turbos, of course all the parts that are undamaged from the existing motor. all i really need to purchase is a good head. i can get one with all the parts for $450. i figure if i can then pay a guy $500-800 to do the work for me in his spare time then that would be perfect.

i just need the right guy in the right situation. i am not in a rush for the work to be done. i want it done right. todd if you are interested let me know and we can work something out. i would pay to have the car towed to you and of course i would pay for all the parts and the expenses. you have a good reputation on this board so i trust you.
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 01-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Thanks for the vote of confidence Leo,

but I'm going to pass. The shipping charges alone would be expensive and while I'd love to do the job, I'd feel terrible if a problem arose beyond my capabilities!

Have you tried the forums in the links I threw in?

Todd
Old 01-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Lowered SVX

yes....

i am a member at starquestclub.com right now and i am asking around there but people are just really busy. i will post something on the southern star quests site and see if anything comes from that. thanks anyway todd.
"Too much fun to drive!"