Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Fairmont State University
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to radarwhiz
Registered SVX
Media Bias

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Media Bias.jpg (72.2 KB, 2172 views)

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

"Be kind to your motor car." - Jackie Stewart
Old 03-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Hater

Re: Media Bias

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi Mr. Penguin!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I believe he is referring to these two photos that have been circulating

Attached Images
File Type: jpg george-zimmerman.jpg (17.9 KB, 1274 views)
File Type: jpg trevon-martin.jpg (23.6 KB, 1293 views)
Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Hell of a case. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I see the president has already stuck his foot in the ****. Again.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Wish our part of the world is having issues with black and white like yours people.
You cannot imagine what "religious" clashes and terrorism is all about

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Wish our part of the world is having issues with black and white like yours people.
You cannot imagine what "religious" clashes and terrorism is all about
This is something that's always in the back of my head when I see racially motivated stuff in our country. It is all extremely mild compared to what you guys go through over there.

Regarding this whole situation, it is really hard to deny that racial profiling had something to do with what happened. Do you really think it would have gone down the same way if Trevon Martin were white?
2001 Audi S8

Last edited by Green1995SVX; 04-08-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:05 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

I live in FL, not that far from this. Crazy **** like that happens all the time. The only reason this one incident made such big news is the racial aspect of it. I love Florida for the weather, and a lot of other reasons, but there are a lot of people here that are out of their minds.

I don't think the shooting needs to have any motivation to it in order for the guy to be prosecuted for it. The whole self defense thing is something that should be discussed at a trial. I think that he was an idiot and that while people have a right to carry guns if they feel the need to, they have a duty to be competent first.

I doubt the cops were racist, they were more likely very lazy and didn't want to arrest the guy. Cops are very often useless and retarded around here. It's sad.

The whole 'hoodies project a bad image, you shouldn't let your kids wear them" thing I think is hilarious. Because clearly those people don't live in Fl. There are only 2 outfits for young guys: t-shirt during the summer, and t-shirt plus hoodie in the winter. Nobody has a heavier jacket than a hoodie, and hoodies are perfect for when it's "cold". Dude was wearing a hoodie because it was the exact right thing to wear that time of year, not because he was trying to look gangster or anything.

And yes, Danny, you're right about there being much bigger problems in the world. But people talk about the issues that hit close to home for them.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 04-08-2012, 06:13 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Also, look up the original 911 call that George Zimmerman made... What was played as the "real" 911 call by NBC was a ridiculously edited variant of the actual 911 call.

Zimmerman saw someone who he thought was suspicious, followed him, and then got jumped by said individual (Trayvon had hid and was waiting for Zimmerman with unknown intentions). Zimmerman had every right to shoot him... Add in the "Stand Your Ground" law in Florida and Zimmerman will definitely not be found guilty of anything serious.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 04-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Regarding this whole situation, it is really hard to deny that racial profiling had something to do with what happened. Do you really think it would have gone down the same way if Trevon Martin were white?
If reports of recent break-in activity in that complex are accurate, then profiling may have applied simply because of resemblance to those reported breakers-in, and not due to any personal reason Zimmerman might have.

If I ever wind up in some heap of trouble, I sure hope they use photos of me when I was 12. One has to think it's a little hokey that the most recent Kodak moments the family has of Martin are five years old.

It was a great play for his innocence, however. Right out the gate, we're offered the sensation of a scared little boy being stalked by a much larger man and coldly murdered for no readily available reason. Regardless of the true happenings that night, it's also a tremendous lie.

The thing that frightens me the most about the whole thing is that so many people are reacting so strongly to a situation that they know so little about. The possibility that Zimmerman executed him for the tone of his skin is as wide open as the chance that Treyvon did knock Zimmerman down and pummel him, instigating defense. I know that I sure don't know. How many of the thousands of people holding their candles and signs and custom hoodies were in that neighborhood that night to bear witness? How many know Zimmerman or Martin? How many have even been to Florida? As above, if the hoodie thing was inconsequential to anything but the temperature, then a lot of folks are blindly hurling a racial profiling accusation.

The whole thing is awful, no matter what events led up to it. The first guaranteed falsehood out the gate, however, was that Martin was in middle school at the time, in photo after photo.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Fairmont State University

Send a message via Yahoo to radarwhiz
Registered SVX

@Sicksubie and Letitsnow

You guys both nailed it.
That's the media for you though. It's impossible to get any kind of real story about anything. It seems that they're so worried about ratings they feel the need to sensationalize every story because otherwise no one would pay attention. Any attempt at truth or accuracy flies right out the window. I guess they are just businesses after all and are only gonna write and show what people want to watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Like.jpg (8.1 KB, 1204 views)

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

"Be kind to your motor car." - Jackie Stewart

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: