Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 03-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Fairmont State University
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to radarwhiz
Registered SVX
This could explain a lot

If the opposite of pro is con, then what must be the opposite of progress?

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

"Be kind to your motor car." - Jackie Stewart
Old 03-13-2011, 11:21 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: This could explain a lot

Ar, Ar, very funny!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:53 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarwhiz View Post
If the opposite of pro is con, then what must be the opposite of progress?
A Republican controlled congress, just in case you forgot.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 03-14-2011, 08:40 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Wheres the like button when I need it?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Just by touching the button, the capacitive reaction by your monitor, coupled with the hexa-coupling of the inductive resonance
produced by the website's multi-complicator, allows a vote to be quietly counted and recorded.

(At least this is how it was explained to me by my state senator)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 03-14-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Thank goodness! Maybe they can steer us away from financial disaster that we were headed for under total democrat control.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
Thank goodness! Maybe they can steer us away from financial disaster that we were headed for under total democrat control.

Lee
"Away from the financial disaster that we're already in"

Glad someone agrees with me

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
"Away from the financial disaster that we're already in"

Glad someone agrees with me
Trying to blame one party is futile, they are both guilty of lowering taxes, starting unfunded wars and rewarding and protecting special interests like Wall Street. This country needs election reform i.e. public supported elections and limitations on special interests.

Americans need to stop exporting jobs and start creating good middle class jobs. For the last thirty years the disparity between the wealthiest and poorest in our country has been growing unlike anywhere else in the world. Without a healthy middle class, our country is doomed.

The bottom line is that we all cannot expect someone else to pay via taxes for wars, road, schools etc. but we need a level playing field and a fair distribution of wealth. My goal is to pay $1,000,000 plus a year in taxes for this will mean that I will have to try to get by with only another $2,000,000 income. I think we should all want to pay our (fair) share of taxes for few countries allow such opportunities and upper mobility as ours, or at least as our country used to.

Ray
Old 03-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX

Funny how most of the moves to "steer us away from financial disaster" have awarded tax breaks to the rich and corporations while cutting needed services and budgets for departments like the EPA , responsible for protecting your water and air quality. Somehow I doubt that you folks are among the beneficiaries of this largesse. Maybe you could consider listening to something other than FOX News and "hate radio". If you believe that the travesties against collective bargaining in the public sector (including the teachers of your children) and emergency powers granted to their corporate controlled governors that are happening in Wisconsin and Michigan can't effect you it's time you wake up.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 03-15-2011, 11:30 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunvalleyray View Post
]The bottom line is that we all cannot expect someone else to pay via taxes for wars, road, schools etc. but we need a level playing field and a fair distribution of wealth.
I think we should all want to pay our (fair) share of taxes for few countries allow such opportunities and upper mobility as ours, or at least as our country used to.

Ray
Absolutely right, Ray. It's not paying taxes that I got a problem with, it's what those taxes are being used for. When they're paying the welfare checks of people who are too lazy to get off their asses and get jobs, when they're paying for housing, grocieries, and healthcare of people who couldn't keep it in their pants and got ten bastard kids running around, then I got a problem. Meanwhile I'm replacing balljoints and shocks twice a year because they can't fix the pot holes littering the roads.

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Absolutely right, Ray. It's not paying taxes that I got a problem with, it's what those taxes are being used for. When they're paying the welfare checks of people who are too lazy to get off their asses and get jobs, when they're paying for housing, grocieries, and healthcare of people who couldn't keep it in their pants and got ten bastard kids running around, then I got a problem. Meanwhile I'm replacing balljoints and shocks twice a year because they can't fix the pot holes littering the roads.
Difficult not to agree with your point, many of us have issues with how our taxes are spent but it really does come back to whom we put in office and how they decide to spend our money. Regarding welfare...I agree we should not be promoting people not to work or have children they don't want or are not able to care for but once again those people are just using the system set up by our politicians. I do believe that we need to care for the less fortunate but not promote freeloading of any kind. I will bet that corporate welfare - can you say bail out - far exceed all welfare payments annually; and at least the welfare people spend there money in the US unlike so many of the rich who own homes, yachts and cars made overseas.

Ray

Ray
Old 03-15-2011, 06:39 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
they are both guilty of lowering taxes
What is wrong with that? It is not how much money you have, but how you spend it. We pay far too much in taxes. I don't personally get any gain from at least 50 percent of the taxes I pay.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 03-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
What is wrong with that? It is not how much money you have, but how you spend it. We pay far too much in taxes. I don't personally get any gain from at least 50 percent of the taxes I pay.
Can you say deficit!!! The United States has one of the lowest tax rates in the industrialize world, meanwhile our infrastructure is crumbling. I think it is difficult to personalize what one receives directly from taxes but from my travels around the world, I think we take for granted many of the freedoms and opportunities our system provides us. I do agree with your point on how we spend our tax revenues...I sure wish other countries that rely on our military made a contribution to that expense. If we are going to be the policeman of the world, we should at least get paid for it.

Ray
Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
it really does come back to whom we put in office and how they decide to spend our money.
And we decide who to put in office by what they promise they'll do. It requires more responsibility of the voters to thoroughly evaluate the candidates and not be emotionally swayed by one hell of a teleprompter reader. The last presidential election was a very emotional, irresponsible one.

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
And we decide who to put in office by what they promise they'll do. It requires more responsibility of the voters to thoroughly evaluate the candidates and not be emotionally swayed by one hell of a teleprompter reader. The last presidential election was a very emotional, irresponsible one.
Personally I think we are sold a bill of goods by both parties and the powers that be get what they want. I totally agree about an informed electorate but in Utah, the most conservative state in the union, has one of the lowest voter turn outs in the country. They don't even bother to become informed whereas in other countries people stand in line for hours just to cast their vote. Presently we have people rebelling against oppressive regimes in the Middle East, fighting and dying for the rights we take for granted. Once again, many of us take for granted many of our rights. Guess I am getting old and cynical but I sure wish we all could have more civil discourse and agree on how to solve our countries' problems.

Ray

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: