SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-25-2002, 02:02 AM
CopsodyX

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
Maxed out at 124. Unless my Guage is off
Are you serious? That's terrible. Mine had/has many problems, and I went 130+.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:17 AM
squiggy

paisan-
287?? is that the bqe?? where did you do that?
top speed 115-117 at 6am on a sunday morning on the belt pkwy between flatbush av exit and the verrazano bridge...
major police action on the east bound side at the gas station median so I knew no troops on my side of the road..
squiggy
Old 09-25-2002, 06:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Paisan Send a message via Yahoo to Paisan
Nah 287 is on the NJ side of the Outerbridge.

When I cruise back from LI to SI I usually do about 80 on the belt.

The BQE is 278

On a side note if you aren't busy thurs night there is a meet out at Hooters in East Meadow.

-mike
Old 09-25-2002, 10:33 AM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Re: how fast?

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
just how fast have you gotten your svx?

Kelli
Well, for me, it was after about 25 minutes of buying her a drink and chattin' her up, and then . . . oh, you said "sVx".

Never mind.

2001 Outback Sport
Old 09-25-2002, 10:38 AM
Porter

^ lol.... too funny

I've had mine over 130 and I've only had it a little over a week... I'm a bad man.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Re: how fast?

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
just a curiosity issue, but i am probably going to hear it on this one

just how fast have you gotten your svx?

mine, 120mph
(in the middle of the night on an empty highway...didn't even know i was going that fast)

Kelli
Well, Well, Well......... I guess you are finally getting used to the car Kelli. Seems to me that you may have changed your attitude about driving fast.

You know it's the car. It wants to go fast.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CopsodyX

Are you serious? That's terrible. Mine had/has many problems, and I went 130+.
Unfortunately, I'm dead serious. And what a disappointment it was. I've been faster in an 86 Accord with 150+ K on the clock. While I'd like to blame altitude for the shortcoming, I've attempted this many times at different locations, receiving the same result.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:20 AM
CopsodyX

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy

Unfortunately, I'm dead serious. And what a disappointment it was. I've been faster in an 86 Accord with 150+ K on the clock. While I'd like to blame altitude for the shortcoming, I've attempted this many times at different locations, receiving the same result.
My god. What state do u live in?
Old 09-26-2002, 12:08 PM

Mines a 92. Trust me, stock they will not do over 143, 145 at best. This I'm sure is due to some kind of govenor. If anyone knows how to remove it I'd like to know how. BTW Landshark my 80 928 was the 4.5 liter 5 speed (143 Max) quite a bit slower than your 5.0 liter S4.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:59 PM

Re: Re: how fast?

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter

Well, Well, Well......... I guess you are finally getting used to the car Kelli. Seems to me that you may have changed your attitude about driving fast.

You know it's the car. It wants to go fast.
i guess so!

oh and BTW, i was talking to your neighbor charlie and i learned what really happened to you engine...coughcough...can you pass me a tissue?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:10 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Charlie was there that day. He saw it I think. I wish it was the tissue. That did blow the head gasket or bend the block.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:27 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
I nailed appx 145 a few times in my attempt to go from taunton mass to wentworth New Hampshire in 1 hour instead of 2 and a half. Bye the time I got there, (67 mins later), I felt like my grandma was driving when I was doing 65-70. I said hey, where's all the wind resistance and ear popping?
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:31 PM
CopsodyX

Quote:
Originally posted by BoominSVX
I nailed appx 145 a few times in my attempt to go from taunton mass to wentworth New Hampshire in 1 hour instead of 2 and a half. Bye the time I got there, (67 mins later), I felt like my grandma was driving when I was doing 65-70. I said hey, where's all the wind resistance and ear popping?
Nice ride!

Do you know how many RPM you were pulling?

I think the '92's have a governor!
Old 09-26-2002, 10:02 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Not to sure about rpm's. I do remember my foot being pretty hard down, but I never checked my foot position, rpm, and speed all at once. I don't think she would go much faster than that. I will tell ya tho, my engine was running excelent when I was done with that drive, guess I had some goo in there.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:24 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Fastest my SVX has gone so far is 218...did that a couple weeks ago after installing my tranny temp gauge. (I wanted to see what the tranny temp would go up to )

For those who haven't realized yet I'm talking kph and not mph. For those who don't want to do the conversion I mean 135mph. Tranny temp was around 180°F at that speed.

Anything after 125mph (200kph) and the shift to 4th and I'm barely accelerating. I found that if I leave the shifter in 3rd it will not shift until 130mph (210kph) and that's how I managed to pull the extra top speed.

I don't think I want to go any faster though as my tires are only rated for 130mph.