Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain

Old 03-17-2012, 09:27 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Transmission if going supercharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
Absolutely!
I don't know what color they are, but those are what I have. Interested? They are still in a fuel rail of a nissan ka24de.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-17-2012, 09:35 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
I don't know what color they are, but those are what I have. Interested? They are still in a fuel rail of a nissan ka24de.
Yes.456789
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-17-2012, 09:38 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
From ECUTunes website;

"The Stage 2 software is tuned for and requires the use of SR20DET 370cc injectors. These injectors are available new directly from Nissan under the part # 16600-21U01 or can frequently be found used on Ebay. The injectors are a greyish purple color and the bottom o-ring is a small o-ring all the way down by the end cap. The SR20DET is a 4 cylinder so the injectors are usually in sets of 4 when found used. These fuel injectors are a direct fit into the SVX fuel rail; however, they require a different electrical connector. You will not likely find the connectors listed as sr20det connectors. The electrical connectors will usually be listed as 95-96 twin turbo 300ZX injector connectors. The connectors usually come in sets of 6, complete with wires; however it is not necessary to use the wires that they come with. Using a jewelers screw drivers or pic the wires can be released from both the SVX plugs and the Nissan plugs so that only the plastic plug needs to be changed."

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-17-2012, 10:38 PM

Registered SVX

Hey,

I got mine here:

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products.../240sx-1991-98 .... they did a balanced set of 6 for me.

They also carry the pigtails - just unclip the wires and push the SVX wires in.

These injectors are also ethanol compatible, early ones are said to have a problem... so I also bought a pump which can handle E85:

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products...tank-fuel-pump

I have flex version of the stage 2 and will experiment with E85 after the power train project (JDM 4EAT + torsens at both ends) is finnished. Should be nice in a non-intercooled set up. 105 oct and high latent heat to reduce charge temps and fight any potential knock.

Tapani
Old 03-18-2012, 01:49 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
From ECUTunes website;

"The Stage 2 software is tuned for and requires the use of SR20DET 370cc injectors. These injectors are available new directly from Nissan under the part # 16600-21U01 or can frequently be found used on Ebay. The injectors are a greyish purple color and the bottom o-ring is a small o-ring all the way down by the end cap. The SR20DET is a 4 cylinder so the injectors are usually in sets of 4 when found used. These fuel injectors are a direct fit into the SVX fuel rail; however, they require a different electrical connector. You will not likely find the connectors listed as sr20det connectors. The electrical connectors will usually be listed as 95-96 twin turbo 300ZX injector connectors. The connectors usually come in sets of 6, complete with wires; however it is not necessary to use the wires that they come with. Using a jewelers screw drivers or pic the wires can be released from both the SVX plugs and the Nissan plugs so that only the plastic plug needs to be changed."
Yes, the KA24 was turboed, and 370cc injectors were used. I don't know what happened to the 4th one, but there are still 3 in the fuel rail. I'll dig them out of the garage tomorrow (or monday ) if I have time, and then we can talk rupees. I figure, you get my 3 and then find another set of 4 somewhere, you've got 6 + a spare for a pretty good deal.

I actually have 11 total. The box of 8, I don't know where it is at the moment. My plan is to send off the 8 to deatschwerks for flowtesting, and then use the healthiest 6, and keep a couple spares. It's cheap, so may as well.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Yes, the KA24 was turboed, and 370cc injectors were used. I don't know what happened to the 4th one, but there are still 3 in the fuel rail. I'll dig them out of the garage tomorrow (or monday ) if I have time, and then we can talk rupees. I figure, you get my 3 and then find another set of 4 somewhere, you've got 6 + a spare for a pretty good deal.

I actually have 11 total. The box of 8, I don't know where it is at the moment. My plan is to send off the 8 to deatschwerks for flowtesting, and then use the healthiest 6, and keep a couple spares. It's cheap, so may as well.
I'm waiting......

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-29-2012, 06:13 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
I'm waiting......
Oh, crap I'm sorry, I totally forgot. I'll dig them out tonight.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 PM

Registered SVX

Here's a picture. One looks like a different color in the picture, but they're all the same color without the camera flash. I can send them tomorrow before 3, if you send me your address and paypal. Since I'm not 100% sure they work, how's $30 + 5 shipping since they'll fit flat rate box for sure?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0772.JPG (249.4 KB, 118 views)

Old 03-30-2012, 06:39 AM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Here's a picture. One looks like a different color in the picture, but they're all the same color without the camera flash. I can send them tomorrow before 3, if you send me your address and paypal. Since I'm not 100% sure they work, how's $30 + 5 shipping since they'll fit flat rate box for sure?
Great!
PM me uour PayPal address please.
Tom

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
I would LOVE a set of aftermarket pistons, but they are not exactly in the budget,
Unless they are dirt cheap.

As to the injectors, what color,
3O17O72837
For $****s and giggles I did a calculation of what the compression ratio would be if we bored out our block (to 99.5mm) to fit pistons from an EJ25 engine. If you use pistons from the EJ253 you would increase displacement to 3.5L and get an 8.0 compression ratio. You could crank up your boost to 15psi easily. I have no idea if those pistons are forged or what other issues there would be to get them into a bored out EG33.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 03-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
If you use pistons from the EJ253 you would increase displacement to 3.5L and get an 8.0 compression ratio.
I don't know that it would be that easy; the pistons' shape relative to their pins is a bigger factor than straight up bore.

Further, wouldn't an increase in displacement with the same head volume increase compression?

Last edited by LetItSnow; 03-30-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input

Does one of those pumps have the right plug so you can use your existing in tank harness without any snipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
Hey,

I got mine here:

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products.../240sx-1991-98 .... they did a balanced set of 6 for me.

They also carry the pigtails - just unclip the wires and push the SVX wires in.

These injectors are also ethanol compatible, early ones are said to have a problem... so I also bought a pump which can handle E85:

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products...tank-fuel-pump

I have flex version of the stage 2 and will experiment with E85 after the power train project (JDM 4EAT + torsens at both ends) is finnished. Should be nice in a non-intercooled set up. 105 oct and high latent heat to reduce charge temps and fight any potential knock.

Tapani
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
Does one of those pumps have the right plug so you can use your existing in tank harness without any snipping?
That I do not know (yet ).

Pls see the attachement, sorry about the quality of the image.

Tapani
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kit.jpg (698.9 KB, 116 views)