SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Some pictures

Aww, y'all are makin me feel bad that it doesn't look as nice anymore.

Although, when I came across it on ebay when it was listed like in the pics solarsvx posted, I was it as sort of the maximized potential of the svx. But I couldn't afford it with the side skirts/front splitters/rims (although the rims that were on it were the 5-spoke ones, that I didn't really feel fit the car anyway). So, a couple weeks later I saw it again on autotrader without all that, for a price that was within range, so I jumped on it.

But, give me some time, I'll have it lookin purdy again. Maybe in a different way though. Plus, I've had the joy of owning it stock-looking, I can always change it up later.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

Oh ok, I was just confused as to why it was back to stock looking. Didn't mean to make ya feel bad lol. Glad to hear it is in good hands though.

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6
Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM

Registered SVX

Ah well, there's the explanation.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 03-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Deffinatly would rather have it "stock looking" than scrap looking.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 PM

Registered SVX

Yea I rather like the stock look, at least for now. It already stands out a heck of a lot. The only things that bother me are the finish on the rims (they were in Solar's back yard for a couple years), and the lower door panels not matching the level of fade on the panels to either side of them, the lower door panels having been painted when the side skirts were put on. Just me being OCD though. Saving up for rims and paint anyway though.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Yea I rather like the stock look, at least for now. It already stands out a heck of a lot. The only things that bother me are the finish on the rims (they were in Solar's back yard for a couple years), and the lower door panels not matching the level of fade on the panels to either side of them, the lower door panels having been painted when the side skirts were put on. Just me being OCD though. Saving up for rims and paint anyway though.

So in the meantime you decide to squander your money on swaybars? Gah! The nerve... hahahah

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Icing, I really like the new Mitsu, I've driven one over here, I guess this is the perfect "non-SVX" car right now. Great choice IMO

Solar, you used to have one spectacular SVX, you've done a great job on her. The lowering springs, clear facia, skirts, rims... were all good together.
How could you part away from that baby

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Icing, I really like the new Mitsu, I've driven one over here, I guess this is the perfect "non-SVX" car right now. Great choice IMO

Solar, you used to have one spectacular SVX, you've done a great job on her. The lowering springs, clear facia, skirts, rims... were all good together.
How could you part away from that baby
thanks silver

icing yea those factory rims were shot whene i got them, i almost threw them out at some point and time, the tires were rotted and just sat in the back yard for years , i did have them covered =>

as for the door sils, thats a diffrent story the body shop painted them with out teling me !! the ediots couldnt get the sideskirt to match the rest of the car after the 3rd repaint they decided to repaint the door sill pieces to make it match better, i wasnt a happy camper,

1st try too yellow, 2nd try too white "not enough pearl" 3rd time i just had to live with it, they also painted the center grill at the same time,

some one in new york actually bought pretty much everything, sideskirts, rims, and something else, and a member from the boards bought the sound system "subwoofer"

icing how many miles are on itn now ?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:08 AM

Registered SVX

I like the Lancer too, but I kinda wish we had waited until the Ralliart came out. AWD + turbo + dual clutch auto vs the GTS's FWD + itty bitty engine + CVT. My wife loves the CTV, I hate it. But it's her car, so w/e. Also sucks that for '09+, the GTS has the 2.4L Galant engine, and ours (08) has the regular 2.0 one.

But I guess that's what the wife's car is supposed to be: pretty, slow, and smooth.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx View Post
thanks silver

icing yea those factory rims were shot whene i got them, i almost threw them out at some point and time, the tires were rotted and just sat in the back yard for years , i did have them covered =>

as for the door sils, thats a diffrent story the body shop painted them with out teling me !! the ediots couldnt get the sideskirt to match the rest of the car after the 3rd repaint they decided to repaint the door sill pieces to make it match better, i wasnt a happy camper,

1st try too yellow, 2nd try too white "not enough pearl" 3rd time i just had to live with it, they also painted the center grill at the same time,

some one in new york actually bought pretty much everything, sideskirts, rims, and something else, and a member from the boards bought the sound system "subwoofer"

icing how many miles are on itn now ?
There are 67k on it now. That number should stop going up so fast in the summer when I quit working so far away and start grad school.

Honestly, I think I'm the only one who notices that the lower door panel doesn't quite match.

About how much did it cost to get them painted anyway?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX

Quote:
There are 67k on it now. That number should stop going up so fast in the summer when I quit working so far away and start grad school.

Honestly, I think I'm the only one who notices that the lower door panel doesn't quite match.

i think it was around $300.00 to paint the side skirts because of the pearl
Old 03-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
But I guess that's what the wife's car is supposed to be: pretty, slow, and smooth.
Naaaaaaa... when mine becomes my wife, she is gonna get upgraded from

to

While I drive the SVX again (weekends) and probably this

becomes my daily driver.

My future wife will never drive an automatic slow car

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Was that a Renault? Those things are rare over here. I'd rather drive that than a Nissan.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 03-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx View Post

Quote:

I've always thought that Solar's modified car was the "definitive" SVX, particularly with the 10-spoke axxis rims, not so fond of the 5-spokes.

However it's interesting this far on to hear how the painting was done and how it stands out from the original paint.

When Solar first showed off the car with the professional pictures I made the mistake of mentioning that to my eyes the skirts and bumper were whiter than the rest of the car.
I WAS FLAMED!!!!!!!

I had to run for cover. Nice to see that now it's back in standard trim people are less sensitive about it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Lol don't worry Joe. That was the first thing I noticed too.