Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain

Old 10-10-2009, 10:09 AM

Registered SVX
Big transmission qvestion.

I have now find a subaru legacy 1992 model that have (230 000KM) on the road. This car i get for around 360$ And a new auto tranny will cost 2600$ here in norway and this is not whit the rear diff.

This car is a manuel car, And i have now really thik alot of this, And i know that i can use this transmission on the svx. But i also know that i can not race whit it if i want to keep the transmission alive. hehe.
So the big qvestion can i use this and take over all the parts from this and put in in the Svx??

And how hard is this?? I also know that i will bee out of car some month but i have not drive the car in the last year anny way so.. hehe. I have wait on the auto tranny and this still wont work. And i also will like to have manuell some day.

If you where me will you have dont this?? or swap the US tranny to work in the European car??

Thanks alto.
And i will still thanks all the folks that have help me so far whit the difficult auto tranny i have had so mutch trouble whit and still have..

My subarus:
1992 Svx LSI 5-MT(3.54)
1998 Legacy BG 2.5L GX
Old 10-10-2009, 07:19 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Big transmission qvestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-svx View Post
I have now find a subaru legacy 1992 model that have (230 000KM) on the road. This car i get for around 360$ And a new auto tranny will cost 2600$ here in norway and this is not whit the rear diff.

This car is a manuel car, And i have now really thik alot of this, And i know that i can use this transmission on the svx. But i also know that i can not race whit it if i want to keep the transmission alive. hehe.
So the big qvestion can i use this and take over all the parts from this and put in in the Svx??

And how hard is this?? I also know that i will bee out of car some month but i have not drive the car in the last year anny way so.. hehe. I have wait on the auto tranny and this still wont work. And i also will like to have manuell some day.

If you where me will you have dont this?? or swap the US tranny to work in the European car??

Thanks alto.
And i will still thanks all the folks that have help me so far whit the difficult auto tranny i have had so mutch trouble whit and still have..
I gather that you have now exchanged the C solenoid in your SVX with one supplied by Harvey as per his instructions, but the car is still not able to be used.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!