Old 08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Re: Anyone Selling their SVX cause of Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
Let's see... 0 miles, 0 gallons... divide... calculus... Hey, that approaches INFINITE MILES PER GALLON! Sweet!

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 08-05-2008, 09:28 PM

I get around 23 mpg combination city highway. We got 27 on a trip this weekend at 80-85 mph. This is a well used 150000 miles + svx, to me that is good. I'm used to the 15 to 20 mpg I with my other rigs.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm nevermind. :P

Last edited by togan07; 08-06-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Turbone Send a message via AIM to Turbone Send a message via Yahoo to Turbone Send a message via Skype™ to Turbone
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
Water Pump?
No clue yet. I havent had time to look.
WCSS10 is 9 days away and I still have a rear wheel bearing to replace on my RX. A tranny swap and front brakes on my 89 XT6 and a rattlecan paint job on my 95 Imp Rally X'r car.
Yes, I'm taking all 3 cars to the Show.
If all the clearcoat wasnt peeling off and the water leak on my 92 Ebony SVX, I would take that too
Old 08-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Sold my soul to Subaru

Gas schmass I'm paying 4.51 a gal on base, but the way I see it I am saving a TON of money! How you ask? Well I am a woman in her young 20's and I love to go shopping and will drive all the way across the island just to buy a cute belt I saw last week! lol Anyways now I don't drive around as much which results in less shopping for shirts I swear I'll wear when I get breast implants, shoes I wear for 5 mins in front of the mirror then ditch for flip flops and other useless junk like lawn ornaments and plants that die as soon as I go to the field because my husband 'forgets" to water them (even though I set a weekly alarm on hi phone that says "water plants" higher gas also was part of my motivation to quit smoking...which its been 3 monthes since my last cig after 13 years of 1-2 packs per day saving over 150 a month
Old 08-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

My SVX gets better mileage than any other vehicle I own. My legacy I just got back from texas in. Last year I took the SVX, 3200 mile road trip. SVX = better mileage by about 4mpg. Then there's the expedition... 'nuff said.

What I don't get is folks that rush out and by a hybrid due to fuel costs versus keeping their old car. Lets look at this. I'll use the 2008 Civic Hybrid for my example. Civic is $23,000 roughly. Average american drive 10,000 miles a year. Civic gets ~50mpg. Average car gets lets say ballpark ~22mpg. We'll use $3.85/gal of gas. Average car pays $1,750/year for gas. Civic pays $770/year for gas. That means, roughly $1,000 difference in gas, which is a pretty good chunk of change. However, you also just paid $23,000 for that car. So versus giving up your current car, you'd have to drive the civic for 23 years before you'd see a return on your investment.

Sure, you could argue "but i was gonna by that new 2008 subaru outback, which is comparably priced, if i bought a civic hybrid instead, i'd save money" and for a moment, you'd be right. Until you factor in new batteries for your civic hybrid. They're not that bad though. Every 3 years, pay $3000 for the batteries, and you're set. Wait a minute... That averages to $1,000 a year. That's almost exactly how much you were saving on fuel by driving a hybrid. So, now your paying the same as a conventional vehicle, only your car is ugly and has no storage space.

But I'm helping the economy! The Civic hybrid is not a no emissions vehicle. It's still powered by a 110hp I-4 motor. The Outback doesn't produce a whole lot either, though. That F-350 super duty that just passed you used the difference in emissions between the two vehicles in about 30 seconds. So that little bit of good you were doing is undone a thousand times over by every large truck on the road getting incomplete combustion, and throwing tons of exhaust into the atmosphere.

I'll keep my svx, thank you. It's a fun car. I'll keep my legacy for a daily driver, and I'll keep my expedition for those times i need to haul crap.

*Disclaimer: Numbers are not 100%, but they're reasonably close.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!