Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-28-2008, 03:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Ok back to the subject at hand, plead not guilty so you will get a chance to speak with the officer before court, plead your case and they will most likely reduce your fine, that's your best option. Hire a lawyer and at the very least you'll be paying what you would have paid in increased increase premiums and you have no guarantee that the lawyer will get you out of it! Pleading guilty will get you no where but a suspended license and increase increase premiums.

For in the future, yes, police vehicles can clock you while they are in motion. There have been plenty of times where a trooper going eastbound on an Interstate has stopped a vehicle for speeding going westbound.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:50 PM

Go to the place wher you got that ticket ,if it is realy 55 not 45mph zone take a clear photo and take it to court,show it to judge and he should let you go.
That is what my brother did last year.He was doing 60 in 55 and state trooper put 45 speed zone on his ticket.We went to court ,show judge photo of speed limit55 1/2 mile before place where he got that ticket.He let my brother go clear and said some rough words tho the state trooper about wasteing his and our time.That was in maryland.
Good luck!

My Locker

Bart
Old 02-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
O.k I went back and looked, I did conform this with other people the zone was 55 two days ago, they changed the speed limit to 45 two days ago, I don't travel that road often and only travel it maybe twice a month. I think I found a lawyer that is going to take care of it for 100 dollars its a family friend. I learned my lesson I just didnt get off scott free but I got a good "talking" to. My parents werent happy but they do understand about the 55 not 45. That does not excuse my speed but if it had been a 55 not 45 i would just be paying a fine and possible no points. That is why I have to fight it, I can't afford 250 dollars a month for insurance.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-28-2008, 06:43 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
O.k I went back and looked, I did conform this with other people the zone was 55 two days ago, they changed the speed limit to 45 two days ago, I don't travel that road often and only travel it maybe twice a month. I think I found a lawyer that is going to take care of it for 100 dollars its a family friend. I learned my lesson I just didnt get off scott free but I got a good "talking" to. My parents werent happy but they do understand about the 55 not 45. That does not excuse my speed but if it had been a 55 not 45 i would just be paying a fine and possible no points. That is why I have to fight it, I can't afford 250 dollars a month for insurance.
That should hold up pretty well in court. considering some of the complete BS I heard in the 2 hours of waiting for my turn to get slapped on the hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
no, but i break the law.

the difference is, when i get caught breaking the law (usually street-racing in school zones), i don't whine about it on internet forums and try to weasel my way out of it.
I bet you won all of the spelling BBBBEEEEZZZZZ

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingElse View Post

yes, and i just changed my break pads.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingElse View Post
That should hold up pretty well in court. considering some of the complete BS I heard in the 2 hours of waiting for my turn to get slapped on the hand.

When they lowered the speed limit on the road I lived on, I got nailed that day for 4 mph over the former limit. I was charged with 14 over. I got one point and a $45. fine, no lawyer.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 03-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
O.k going to the lawyer tomorrow to pay them the 200 for using them, 130 court fine and 50 for a 4hr long Saturday Course called Living past 25 or some crap I assume it is a speed lecture and I will not enjoy it. I will have not this on record and I will not have points added. I am relieved but my wallet will be hurting for a long time. Not as long as I would be if insurance had gone up.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
Old 03-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
O.k going to the lawyer tomorrow to pay them the 200 for using them, 130 court fine and 50 for a 4hr long Saturday Course called Living past 25 or some crap I assume it is a speed lecture and I will not enjoy it. I will have not this on record and I will not have points added. I am relieved but my wallet will be hurting for a long time. Not as long as I would be if insurance had gone up.

And I guess that you will be a 'Kinder-gentler speeder in the future....

The only reason that I don't have a HORROR story like this is because the cops didn't have the area saturated, there were no helecopters and I had more HP than the MS Police.

When they DID catch me, I didn't deserve it. I was told to take my lumps since they DIDN'T catch me when I did! ( Thank GOD!!) I've 'deserved' a few. quite a few......!! ( but I am older and wiser now, I take it to the track)

PS Please don'r run into me on the highway, I'll be the lil red Outback holding things up at 79 MPH in a 65.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Well I wasnt doing it on purpose this time. I was just on my way to school and thought it was a 55 and there is a decent hill I was going down but I was still speeding. But I am glad I wont be having insurance increase for 3 years. I won't enjoy that class as I have a feeling it pertains to racings and high speeds :/

Old 03-04-2008, 09:12 AM
It's pronounced "Bee Rad."

Funny thing about North Carolina...

I was cruising down the 17 bypass in Jacksonville and got caught behind a yellow light, so naturally I slowed to a stop, but this old Jeep Cherokee BLASTED straight by me in the other lane. The light turned red a whole car-length behind the white line, and he zoomed straight through the red light.

That's not the worst part: Guess who pulls up right next to me, in the SAME LANE as the Jeep? Onslow County Sheriff cruiser. WHAT THE HELL? He HAD to have seen the Jeep, unless he was too busy NOT PAYING ATTENTION to the road.

Had it been me that ran it, I would've been pulled over
Old 03-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I kill more trannies then god

i wish you lived in Colorado, i am Muhammad ali here when it comes to fighting tickets, i lost my license because i got more then the allowed number of tickets in a year... yeah thats right. i may have only had 11 points. but i had 6 tickets that year all 4pt or more speeding and i still only had 11 points!!!. yes i know i drive to fast f*** off. my point was it varies to much state to state. i reccomend consulting with a lawyer most will do it for free and it gives you a good idea as to what to expect.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: