Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain

Old 09-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
5mt HIGH acc. shake

Hey all,
OK I have noticed this for sometime and have always said "O the clutch of the little WRX cant hold the extra power of the 6 cil, not to mention thje other mods I have done with it...
But when I had a co-work ride it under the idea that he could ride her better then I could he too felt it, and he thinks it is a crappy tranny mount in the rear. Which when I think about about it, makes more sence to me, as the clutch is in the front and the sound and the bounce comes from the rear.
The bumping sinsation comes under hard acceleration and only when leaving first gear to go into second. No matter how hard I shift into third or forth I can not recreate the problem it is mearly a 1st to 2nd deal.
The bump makes the whole car lurch.. gladly I know when it is gunna happen so I can control the monster...
Is it a real tranny mount that has rotten, or is it something else. BTW the exhuast system is tight, and I tired to make it move and it will not so it is not exhaust vibration.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Locker Link Solution

probably just an improperly balanced or simply not balanced driveshaft... I just chased down a problem with mine doing it after who knows... anyway I cured mine with trial and error using some stick on tire weights.
I'll probably pull the whole thing and have a new one made using my modified one as a reference.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
I would only suggest the drive-shaft if he has a different center diff installed... didn't read your mod list, so are you running a rear-bias? If so, I SUPPOSE it could be the drives-haft... Speedklix usually knows his stuff.

If its a high intensity only though, I would suppose a problem with the suspension/drive-train combination. A mount, I would think, would not be enough to cause a noticeable problem. Though I could be wrong. Perhaps the CV axels in the back, or the rear struts? I'm mildly puzzled, and the descpription isn't the greatest. Though we both live near you, perhaps we could look 'er over... I met your brother by the way, you need to check the US forum-> NE forum -> NH sightings thread.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 09-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
It could be the rear diff mounts too, as right now I'm running a 5-speed rear wheel drive set up, and the rear diff ISN"T mounted firm enough to absorbe all the torque of the EG33, and I can feel it give and hit it's limit of movement when launching very hard(but the rear wheel burnouts are pretty cool)

I need to work on stiffing up it's mounting system...

But I'll be going back to AWD soon....so may not be a big deal then.

Just another thought on it.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 09-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
There is a HUGE tq transfer between 1st and second gear. I'd suggest taking a good look at the strength of your trans X-member and make sure it is not shifting around or flexing too much... Also it could be a clutch issue

Tom