How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2002, 01:35 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

this fairly off topic for this thread but...

Quote:
Originally posted by PDhamSVXer

Thanks for the reply Dayle, i was just curious and you more then answered my question. As for the muscle cars, I may onyl be 19 but my Dad brought me up right and muscle cars are defenitly my thing to this day, but i just cant afford to restor one at this time. But mark my word, i will have a 1970 440 6 pack GTX before i am to old to enjoy it, or maybe a 71 Hemi Cuda (1 of 3) yea right!
Thanks again

Paul
Cool......a Mopar guy. Start with something more attainable
like maybe a early Charger......Challenger etc...even if its just a 318 car its value will never go down and later on you can get a BB car or nice Cuda. A nice 70 Challenger is under $5-8K
and even make it like a T/A car !

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 05-13-2002, 02:25 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Dayle,
Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of my cars. My Torino was black with white seats and custom oval opera windows. I really didn't have time to take pics of it. Bought it in 77, and only had it for 6 months before I totalled it. You'll have to check out my "Cow Story" in the Yahoo archives.

I've got some old video of the Capri. It was silver with the red/orange/yellow accents and black and white houndstooth Recaros. I remember a commercial about the 4 cyl Turbo with Jackie Stewart: "The economy of a four cylinder with POWER when you needed it." Mine was pretty "spunky" when the BOOST light went on. My favorite part of the Capri was trying to buy tires for it: "Yeah, I'd like for you to price a set of Michelin TRX 190-HR 390's." After a short blank stare, they'd look at me like I had six heads, "There ain't no such thang." Was the reply, to which I'd reply "Just look in your book." An "I'll be damned" would soon follow from the salesman, quickly followed by a "DAMN" when they looked up the price.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-13-2002, 02:35 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Dayle,
Those cars bring back some fond memories. My best buddy in High School had a 70 Torino with the 428 CJ. I can't imagine why he always wanted to drive, instead of riding in my 64 Ford Fairlaine 4-Door. Meanwhile, I almost bought my Uncle's 70 Mercury Cyclone CJ when I was 16. It was custom Cream on Cream with gold accents. Price was too steep for a 16 year old going to high school and working at a radio station.

My dad had a 73 Cougar Convertible. It was kind of "pimpy" but I liked it. I was sure he was going to give it to me for my 30th birthday. He served to disappoint me, once again. He just took me out to dinner. It was gold with a white top, and (get this) Gold Crushed Velvet Seats!

Again, thanks for the memories. Now, we can return to talking about the wing. Sorry for the sidetrack.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-13-2002, 02:36 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

thanks..

Aredbujay....I loved that combination, too bad I dont see them driving around anymore either. Would like to get a nice stock one with a 5.0 too again. Cool to see vid of it too......
As for the Boss.....that cars been sitting in the az sun for 30 yrs
and has only 39K orig miles on it.......Once I get more time Im going to restore it a little ...but its kinda cool being all original with the factory primer showing !! The car runs great and the suspension is still very tight. I take it some Nostalgia Trans Am road races in Phx when I get some time.....dg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66 cyclone td.jpg (41.8 KB, 75 views)

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 05-13-2002, 03:16 PM

MOPAR power

Originally posted by PHhamSVXer: "But mark my word, i will have a 1970 440 6 pack GTX before i am to old to enjoy it, or maybe a 71 Hemi Cuda (1 of 3)."

Think I'm a little older than Motorsport-SVX...in my earlier driving years (late 60s, early 70s) I drove a MOPAR. Anyway, unless a Cuda was a garage queen, any big block version will have a bent body (they couldn't take the torque).

If you want an affordable MOPAR, I'd suggest trying to find a mid 60s dodge coronet (or plymouth equivalent) style station wagon. Better weight distribution, a solid body and a sleeper to boot. As a former street racer, I can't tell you how many guys in Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, etc., were embarrased to get dusted by a wagon. Find one with a 383 (not unusual) and a 440 bolts right in. Not so sure about gas quality today, but 500+ HP was achievable and still be a daily driver - I did for 2 years - ah the good ole days of a big block, solid lifter cams, manual valve body torqueflights - sadly gas prices rose and couldn't afford getting 4 MPG while running SUNCOCO 260.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:29 PM
PDhamSVXer

Re: MOPAR power

Quote:
Originally posted by lee
Originally posted by PHhamSVXer: "But mark my word, i will have a 1970 440 6 pack GTX before i am to old to enjoy it, or maybe a 71 Hemi Cuda (1 of 3)."

Think I'm a little older than Motorsport-SVX...in my earlier driving years (late 60s, early 70s) I drove a MOPAR. Anyway, unless a Cuda was a garage queen, any big block version will have a bent body (they couldn't take the torque).

If you want an affordable MOPAR, I'd suggest trying to find a mid 60s dodge coronet (or plymouth equivalent) style station wagon. Better weight distribution, a solid body and a sleeper to boot. As a former street racer, I can't tell you how many guys in Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, etc., were embarrased to get dusted by a wagon. Find one with a 383 (not unusual) and a 440 bolts right in. Not so sure about gas quality today, but 500+ HP was achievable and still be a daily driver - I did for 2 years - ah the good ole days of a big block, solid lifter cams, manual valve body torqueflights - sadly gas prices rose and couldn't afford getting 4 MPG while running SUNCOCO 260.
Absolutely, gotta love the MOPAR muscle cars of the mid 60s/early 70s. And i have seen my share of "sleepers" dust their competion (i frequent the muscle car shows of the area). And someday i also plan to start there. I am thinkging maybe a Cornet or a Sport Fury, because like you said, the things you can do to those cars is endless. And then someday i might be able to own the real crown jewel... fully restored, numbers matching, T/A challenger, or big block cuda, yea whatever as long as it has MOPAR power under the hood, and a 4 speed pistol grip in between the seats

Paul