Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Well can't we make another group buy for another set?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 AM

ARP Studs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
just ordered the last set... unfortunately i was trying to order 2 sets and he said they don't have enough and might never have them again... Glad I got them in time.... sorry for anyone else

Tom
Hmm.....They told me they had about 8 sets worth of 6.75" studs in stock. We were waiting on the 7.7" which are a standard stud that they make. It may just be a matter of getting more 7.7" made. I would definitely call them to make sure that they are not still available, or available in the future. It is true that once these 6.75" are gone there may not be any more available.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdigerlando View Post
Hmm.....They told me they had about 8 sets worth of 6.75" studs in stock. We were waiting on the 7.7" which are a standard stud that they make. It may just be a matter of getting more 7.7" made. I would definitely call them to make sure that they are not still available, or available in the future. It is true that once these 6.75" are gone there may not be any more available.
Juston told me that is was the shorter of the two that they were out of... I also asked him to double check the stock and if he had another set to ship that to me as well... Anyway I am glad mine will be here by the end of the week. Now lets hope I get my new intake cams in by then too so I can get this motor built and installed by at least the following weekend

Tom
Old 09-25-2007, 09:21 PM

arp studs

ARP will always make more. The issue is how much they will charge. The larger the order, the lower the price. If enough people get together and order several sets, price should not be a problem. I'm kinda surprised by there business model. They have the needed patterns to make the kits for the SVX but they will not create a part number and make them difficult to buy.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 PM

arp studs

ARP will always make more. The issue is how much they will charge. The larger the order, the lower the price. If enough people get together and order several sets, price should not be a problem. I'm kinda surprised by their business model. They have the needed patterns to make the kits for the SVX but they will not create a part number and make them difficult to buy.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Juston told me that is was the shorter of the two that they were out of... I also asked him to double check the stock and if he had another set to ship that to me as well... Anyway I am glad mine will be here by the end of the week. Now lets hope I get my new intake cams in by then too so I can get this motor built and installed by at least the following weekend

Tom

That is not what they told me. The 7.7" studs they were out of are normal production items. The 6.75" are the unusual studs. They had enough for I think 8 kits. Maybe I should call him again and get that straight.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Maniac modifier

why would he stop me from ordering them? I mean if I were him I would want to sell them ASAP so I didn't have to deal with annoying svxers anymore

Tom
Old 09-26-2007, 03:45 PM

Studs

Quote:
why would he stop me from ordering them? I mean if I were him I would want to sell them ASAP so I didn't have to deal with annoying svxers anymore

Tom
I don't know. I'm just telling you what he told me.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I'm just telling you what he told me.
I just called him. There was a difference in what he had in stock and what he showed in stock.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I just called him. There was a difference in what he had in stock and what he showed in stock.
I also asked him if he would make more. It sounds like our best bet would be to set up a group buy.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
I also asked him if he would make more. It sounds like our best bet would be to set up a group buy.
Let's give the group buy a shot:

1- SilverSpear
2- ?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Maniac modifier

I spoke with Justin again today to double check on the tq spec for the studs. He told me he MIGHT have enough to put together one more order... Unfortunately for all of you I already have dibs on it if he has them. They will be installed in Jonathan Scott's motor whenever he is ready to do his.

Tom
Old 10-09-2007, 10:43 AM

ARP Studs

Quote:
I spoke with Justin again today to double check on the tq spec for the studs. He told me he MIGHT have enough to put together one more order... Unfortunately for all of you I already have dibs on it if he has them. They will be installed in Jonathan Scott's motor whenever he is ready to do his.

Tom
Did you say the tq spec is 72 ft-lbs with the ARP lube? My studs came last week.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:

Tom
You s*ck!

but seriously.....since you appear to have such a nice relationship with the ARP folks...could you ask them if they could put together one more order?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
just call and ask for the special order department. Most of them know what they are and I don't think you will have a problem getting them.