Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 08-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
wanted: camshafts and intake camshafts

I need intake camshafts. I will also buy full sets of camshafts. I can and will supply the boxes to ship them in so that you can pack them propperly without having to go get or buy anything. I need a lot of them. I need them at bargain prices. I need them yesterday.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Michael,
You've been more than generous with me and the various stages of ecutune I've gone through. I have my 215k spare engine out of my 92 sitting in the garage gathering spiders. Are the cams in a higher mileage engine gonna be worth your time to grind? If yes, let me know. I'd be happy to take them out this weekend (if you tell me how to do it properly, I've never done it)
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Just some dude.

I'll send you boxes and paypal you $100 on Monday. Most of the work in getting cams out is actually in removiing the timing belt and covers. Once the timing belt covers are off all you have to do is remove the valve cover, remove the end caps (held on by 4 bolts), remove the 3 intake cam caps(each held on by 2 bolts), remove the intake cam(rotating the exhaust cam a little helps free the intake cam), remove the 3 exhaust cam caps, and remove the exhaust cam. You'll probably want to take the lash adjusters out and put them in a zip lock for safe keeping. Then repeat on the other side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Michael,
You've been more than generous with me and the various stages of ecutune I've gone through. I have my 215k spare engine out of my 92 sitting in the garage gathering spiders. Are the cams in a higher mileage engine gonna be worth your time to grind? If yes, let me know. I'd be happy to take them out this weekend (if you tell me how to do it properly, I've never done it)
Old 08-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Just some dude.

bump...cams cams sell me cams
Old 08-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I can't get the blasted cam pulley bolts broke loose.
I've been on them with a half inch drive and my impact gun for the last 2 hours.
I know I was the last one to tighten them when I did the seals a while back.

They do thread normally, right? lefty loosey?
I have been beating the daylights out of them and they haven't budged.
Mauled a strap wrench and bent my homemade pulley holder tool.

Loaded them up with bel-ray to soak for a while. I may have to buy a new impact gun that is stronger.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
Old 08-26-2007, 07:38 PM

cam wheel

standard thread. half inch impact should take it right off without the cam tool.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Michael,
I've got a full set of cams out of the engine I'm rebuilding (cams already sitting on the shop workbench). I'm willing to trade for ECUTune products in lieu of cash. Drop me a PM.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Just some dude.

You want bearings, right? I'm happy to give you credit towards bearings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Michael,
I've got a full set of cams out of the engine I'm rebuilding (cams already sitting on the shop workbench). I'm willing to trade for ECUTune products in lieu of cash. Drop me a PM.
-Bill
Old 08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
You want bearings, right? I'm happy to give you credit towards bearings.
I'd rather pay you outright for the bearings, especially since I won't know for a while exactly which size I'll need. I was thinking about a 1v5 set up for the SVreX II (which, of course, would come with promotional stuff to use on the car at the GRC ) and a 2v7 chip for BillStock 4.0 (upgraded injectors already rebuilt and waiting)

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 08-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Just some dude.

I'll give you $100 credit towards anything you want that I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
I'd rather pay you outright for the bearings, especially since I won't know for a while exactly which size I'll need. I was thinking about a 1v5 set up for the SVreX II (which, of course, would come with promotional stuff to use on the car at the GRC ) and a 2v7 chip for BillStock 4.0 (upgraded injectors already rebuilt and waiting)

-Bill
Old 08-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
I'll give you $100 credit towards anything you want that I have.

Michael,
Send you a PM
-Bill

My Locker
Old 08-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

I've got three cams available. I can't recall which I'm missing but it's in one of Young Tom's cars. I'm happy to package them up for future discounted purchase consideration.

Todd
Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Just some dude.

Great, make sure the missing cam isn't an intake cam and pm me the address to send the boxes to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat??
I've got three cams available. I can't recall which I'm missing but it's in one of Young Tom's cars. I'm happy to package them up for future discounted purchase consideration.

Todd
Old 08-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Great, make sure the missing cam isn't an intake cam and pm me the address to send the boxes to.
It is... I pulled the cam I busted a couple years ago out of my box o memories to show someone that our cams are hollow.... anyway.. the cam missing is a Right side intake.

I can also pull the cams out of the core motor I am getting back from sicksubie so I can ship you 2 sets... Just need another set of boxes for em

Tom
Old 08-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom00799
standard thread. half inch impact should take it right off without the cam tool.
Standard - thanks,
My 1/2 inch impact must be a piece of junk. I can't budge it. It is from one of those $100 box-o-impact tools bargain packs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: