SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-06-2006, 09:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx
yea im intrested in what car that was i know it wasnt a svx,

tom i ran 12.80s-12.90s on stock street tires and driving around the burn out box, there is no need to, in a AWD
1.60'-1.70's was my average 60' with launch control activated around 5,500-5,800 rpm
etheir i cut really good 60's or loose the 60' and gain on the top end trap speeds.

ohh well the wrx is gone =< and the svx is no way even close to being fast , so ill guess ill stay to styling and profiling LOL

Our weight is hurting the numbers. Lighting up the SVX to WRX weight would do amazing things for 60' times, 1/4mile times and even the ability to launch harder. I have yet to be able to lauch my Stage III above 3K without spinning the tires. And that includes heating the tires in the box. I'm running BFG KDW2's. I'm considering going again on saturday. Maybe I'll take the AutuX tires along and see if I can get better grip with them. There not drag slicks, but If I can get them heated up, they should work better then the street tires, right?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx
yea im intrested in what car that was i know it wasnt a svx,

tom i ran 12.80s-12.90s on stock street tires and driving around the burn out box, there is no need to, in a AWD
1.60'-1.70's was my average 60' with launch control activated around 5,500-5,800 rpm
etheir i cut really good 60's or loose the 60' and gain on the top end trap speeds.

ohh well the wrx is gone =< and the svx is no way even close to being fast , so ill guess ill stay to styling and profiling LOL
Well to be honest our cars perform much differently than any wrx. We make so much torque that there is no way we could launch on street tires at any RPM over 3500. My launches we at 3k rpm and if the car was running right would have been axle busting. Any higher and you are looking to spin through 1st gear pretty well. At ATco there is no way to drive around the water as you come through a gate and thats where the water is.

To
Old 12-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Our weight is hurting the numbers. Lighting up the SVX to WRX weight would do amazing things for 60' times, 1/4mile times and even the ability to launch harder. I have yet to be able to lauch my Stage III above 3K without spinning the tires. And that includes heating the tires in the box. I'm running BFG KDW2's. I'm considering going again on saturday. Maybe I'll take the AutuX tires along and see if I can get better grip with them. There not drag slicks, but If I can get them heated up, they should work better then the street tires, right?

Mike,

you should benefit if two things hold
1. the weight of the autoX tires/rims is less than your KDW2 tires/rims, and
2. you get the autoX tires heated up to the point where they start to stick

As you found at the Ripken event, when the Kumhos are cold, they actually stick less than street tires

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-06-2006, 10:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Well to be honest our cars perform much differently than any wrx. We make so much torque that there is no way we could launch on street tires at any RPM over 3500. My launches we at 3k rpm and if the car was running right would have been axle busting. Any higher and you are looking to spin through 1st gear pretty well. At ATco there is no way to drive around the water as you come through a gate and thats where the water is.

To
well i just rembered, the automatic svx is FWD bias car so it would have some tire slip unless there is a 5 speed swap its 60-40 full time

torque, the sti are 300/300 so im sure it close to the svx numbers if not more, but the torque comes in a lot lower then a wrx or evo

i agree the svx is heavy and would be hard to get it to put out some good 60's

ether case, you guys have a upward battle, hard to find parts and hard to get a good power to weight ratio, but im glad you guys are out there getting it done =>
Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 AM

Ya, one of the guys at my work has a 2002 WRX that is still stock. We played around a little( just a couple had take offs from some stoplights on the parkway with no traffic around.) We seemed to be fairly evenly matched. The only advantage I had was not having to wait for the boost to build up.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Ya, one of the guys at my work has a 2002 WRX that is still stock. We played around a little( just a couple had take offs from some stoplights on the parkway with no traffic around.) We seemed to be fairly evenly matched. The only advantage I had was not having to wait for the boost to build up.
i love broad power band of the svx, i think the engine is well built and ahead of its time.

3.3 with a 7,000 rpm redline is verry nice

my thoughts are if they made it lighter and a nice 5 or 6 speed when it was introduce would it have turned into a boy racer car? or was it best they kept it automatic and a luxury touring car? just a o/t thought
Old 12-06-2006, 12:12 PM

You could have made it a little lighter and given it a manual while still keeping it a luxo tourer. Lok at the competing cars. The 3000GT/Stealth were more luxo then sports car and yet still got manuals