IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Show off your SVX on Yahoo Customs

I found this a to be a fun site, but it only has a few SVX's on it. A few of you guys with all the mods might want to post some pics of your cars.

http://custom.autos.yahoo.com/;_ylt=...gAaaMVqdmY.ckF
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 11-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I just added my car but half way into adding it I said to myself... Does anyone really give a ****?? so I stopped

Tom
Old 11-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Network Design Administrator

That was my thought... but then I didnt even bother to create one, or post here...

oh shi...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Is this any better than cardomain?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:36 PM

TomsSVX, I care dude.

I really want to see everyones stuff.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Maniac modifier

i know... I just took a look back at where the SVX community has been and where it is now... I do not want to speed the process by telling the world, there is an aftermarket for these cars now. Soory, I just don't like where it is going thats all

Tom
Old 11-14-2006, 02:49 PM

What do you mean ???
Old 11-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Maniac modifier

In the eyes of the newer community, the SVX is just a car that looks cool. No one has the love and appreciation for them. Thats why people part them out if the trans gives out or something else like that... I am in the business of keeping more SVXi on the road and alive, while some people are tearng them to pieces because a set of clutches got toasted in the trans or they got into a fender bender... There is no more love for the car and thus the appreciation in the community has dropped.

People such as SVXfiles have put a large amount of their own money into developing parts like the FG hood and the BBkit and everyone says they want one but then back out... No one will spend a buck to keep their car alive, they would rather tear it apart. There are other reasons too. I would rather keep them to myself as they apply to the use of the SVX and what is done to it... Ex. Ricing it out. So those are my thoughts. Once the population wants to learn about the car instead of just starting it and drivng, I will refuse to change my outlook

Tom
Old 11-14-2006, 04:49 PM
more windows then a minivan..

Registered SVX
my car got totaled out with rear damanged and bought a parts car to fix it cause i do love the style,power and uniqueness of this car
Old 11-14-2006, 06:11 PM

TomsSVX, keep the faith. The SVX scene is actually getting better.

Keep in mind that this country is great because so many different views are embraced. Change is only natural. Different viewpoints will come along.

You have to accept different views regarding the SVX is get out in front as a leader of the movement.

Do not walk away.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
I posted my car on there. Come on Tom, You make me feel like crap when you say stuff like that because I have parted them. Everyone has to understand that I and my family do deeply love these cars, But sometimes circumstances come along that simply won't allow me to try to put them back on the road. The first car was not my call and does not belong to me. The owner asked me to part it, So I did. My stepdad and I spent alot of money we didn't have to try to make my current parts car a good roadgoing car so somebody would buy it and drive it and make it like it should be again instead of sitting on a deserted car lot in the ghetto. All it needed was a tranny and nobody was interested even after I offered to do the work of putting the tranny in. I'm unemployed right now and can't have an SVX just sitting here with a blown tranny and I have to support my wife and her life sustaining meds that she MUST have with no insurance to help pay. Plus, I also have the point of view that in life there is death. Some must die for others to live or 70% of the SVX's out there would look and drive like crap right now(mine included) especially for the people who can't afford to buy every part they need off subaruparts.com, the dealership,and so on. I like to think I'm helping the less financially gifted keep there SVXi rolling and in good shape. Wow, Did I just type all that?? I think I need some medication(or just more of it).
Old 11-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
actively seeking out svx's to part out is a horrible thing to do.

butchers.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
actively seeking out svx's to part out is a horrible thing to do.

butchers.
Uhhh..... Was that towards me??
Old 11-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Maniac modifier

no, he was referring to people who do it for a living or for extra cash... Listen Jason I understand financial troubles better than most know... For a long time I was belly up in debt because of school. Finally I got my act together and found a couple jobs that paid well. My point about the community is that no one comes here to learn about the car's heritage or it's technical matters. They come on here to ask questions and then dump it on a mechanic or in the trash. Sorry for a guy like me, I will twist a wrench on something I know nothing about... just to learn about it. That is my tie to my SVXi, that is why I love my cars because, they are part of me and I am part of them... Esp because of the DNA in my blood all over it More to the point. I do not like the fact that they are discarded so easily because of minor things... I did my homework. I knew what I was in for when I bought the car. If you buy the car you MUST be ready to pay wahtever it takes to keep it. Thats my opinion and no it will not change. I will ditch this community before I accept the fact that the new owners want to make these things look like a horrible Honda. Plain and simple. I may have changed my car in a great way... but it still looks stock... it still looks good. Plain to some people and refined to others.

Tom
Old 11-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
no, he was referring to people who do it for a living or for extra cash... Listen Jason I understand financial troubles better than most know... For a long time I was belly up in debt because of school. Finally I got my act together and found a couple jobs that paid well. My point about the community is that no one comes here to learn about the car's heritage or it's technical matters. They come on here to ask questions and then dump it on a mechanic or in the trash. Sorry for a guy like me, I will twist a wrench on something I know nothing about... just to learn about it. That is my tie to my SVXi, that is why I love my cars because, they are part of me and I am part of them... Esp because of the DNA in my blood all over it More to the point. I do not like the fact that they are discarded so easily because of minor things... I did my homework. I knew what I was in for when I bought the car. If you buy the car you MUST be ready to pay wahtever it takes to keep it. Thats my opinion and no it will not change. I will ditch this community before I accept the fact that the new owners want to make these things look like a horrible Honda. Plain and simple. I may have changed my car in a great way... but it still looks stock... it still looks good. Plain to some people and refined to others.

Tom
Yes, I agree with alot of your views my friend, I don't like the ones either who don't want to get there pretty hands dirty when they need to. I hate people that treat it like it's just an everyday POS for transportation. You know what I mean, Change the oil and drive. Nothing more, Nothing less. I pretty much knew what it would cost to fix this car when I got it, But sometimes they simply can't be revived without putting in WAY too much money. This one sat on 4 flats for 4 years and it took me a week just to get it to start due to 3 different things I had to sort through with it from sitting for so long. I just couldn't stand it to sit on that car lot any longer going to rot. I figured at least this way it serves some purpose rather than a lawn ornament, You know? At least it is serving the community rather than sitting in the ghetto getting crapped on. And uh.... technically, I do part SVX's for a living right now.