Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 07-06-2005, 08:30 PM
KCROGUEDOG

mount info

ok i ordered all my stuff the gc coilovers for 399 and the konis for 630 from ground control. i also order the sway bushings from summit. i want to know a way to check (test) the strut mounts f&r. i feel good about not replacing cause i got a 97 but then i dont cause my car has been driven in hard states (rough terrain). do we have to go with the stock mounts? will the sti mounts fit? are they really that big of a deal? how much and where to buy? i really dont want to buy any more stuff cause i got money for painting to do.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:09 PM
KCROGUEDOG

well i did the only test i can think of with out taking every thing apart. removing the dust caps and bouncing the car. they looked sturdy from the top rubber seemed good not much play. i prey they are good cause i dont want the car out of commission to wait on a order to ak. the rears i cant even get to. but still hit me with some consumer info. ty. and the camber sets that go on the mounts replace them or just go over them. (i saw on gcs site)
Old 07-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I don't know of any other mounts that will bolt in to the SVX.

To get to the rears you have to take off (in order):

- rear seat bottom (easy)
- rear side interior panels (4 clips & 2 power connectors)
- rear shelf (2 screws and multiple clips)
Old 07-08-2005, 01:46 PM
KCROGUEDOG

as in rear shelf u mean the ones with the kicken 6X9s? and just fold the seats down after bottom of seat is gone?
Old 07-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
yes and yes