Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 06-25-2005, 08:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to freak customs Send a message via AIM to freak customs
ground control

those of you who have the ground control:

where did you get the package and (with or without the struts) how much am i looking to spend if i were to go with it?
Old 06-25-2005, 09:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to freak customs Send a message via AIM to freak customs
i've looked at the ground control website and they do not list anything for the svx. is this a special order thing?
Old 06-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I got mine through Subaru of Gwinnett.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Locker Link Solution

were they really made for a SVX though? My 97 legacy used to sit on pinks... know what I'm saying?
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 06-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
I got mine through Subaru of Gwinnett.
same, but I don't know if they still have that set for sale. if not, you can get koni struts for the svx from Monster Garage???? <--- I think that's right and you can get the springs from Ground Control.

I hear Mychalio has some pretty good springs as well.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
same, but I don't know if they still have that set for sale. if not, you can get koni struts for the svx from Monster Garage???? <--- I think that's right and you can get the springs from Ground Control.

I hear Mychalio has some pretty good springs as well.
Classic Garage.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 06-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Subaru of Gwinnett actually ordered the Ground Controls when I called. They didn't stock them. They also sold me the Koni's. They got the Koni's from Classic Garage (as does everyone else).
Old 06-29-2005, 03:02 PM
KCROGUEDOG

hey e did you drop it any with the springs and how much. prices to. on the konis and the gc springs. im ordering in a 1/2 a week. thanks. the other route leaves me spending 1100 scrilladucits. then shipping.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Meow!

I've got mine as low as they will go and still ride level. Prices haven't changed much. USD$1050 I believe the cost to be plus shipping.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
KCROGUEDOG

are they the same as on the svx cental. sport line and prokit are those gcs? the springs u got are adjustable to height?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:18 PM
KCROGUEDOG

ok i see they adjust? how do u know how high or low u adjust? by threads? or is it a pain to adjust cause u got to put tires on lower and look by eye? i really like the set up being adjustable and all. cause my exhuast i have little clue how low i really want to go. suby and gwinnet would they know what im talking about if i ask or is there someone u deal with that would know earthworm?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Meow!

No they are not the same as Dayle's.

The Ground Controls are the only adjustable springs for the SVX.

I adjust mine by height from the ground to the top of the fender/wheel arch. I keep both sides level.

Just call Subaru of Gwinnett and ask them if they can still get the Ground Control coilovers for the SVX.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:07 PM
KCROGUEDOG

so u can adjust with the tires on or off? is it a pain? and u just twist the ring? thanks for the info i definataly want a set of these and im going to do some work finding them. im glad they adjust cause now im a kid in a candy store. my wife was beaching about the lowing for life.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Meow!

You don't have to remove the tires to adjust but you do have to jack it up.

There is a hex bolt that you tighten to keep the springs at the proper height.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:22 PM
KCROGUEDOG

awsome sounds good im checking my dealer up here for them first (they are a holes and no nothing about the svx). its a honda toyota suby dealer. 3 in one. ty again.