How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-01-2002, 03:45 PM
uconnscott

Great Winter Car

I just have to comment on the SVX in the winter.....

I have recently put on my almost new Bridgetone Snow tires (picture in my locker) and my SVX has not so much as slipped one inch so far this winter. Now I realize that it has been a very mild winter here in the Northeast, but I have been testing the traction wherever I can and the car handles great.

I have never had an all wheel drive car befor so maybe that is all it is, but this car is great all year long!! The only thing that worries me is the wear and tear that the weather will have on the body as I live in a condo with no garage. This fact and the fact that I love my car so much will force me to pursue a second car for next winter. This really seems like a waste of a good snow car, but I bought the car largely because of the look and I have to do everthing to maintain it. I will have a blast driving it this winter though
Old 02-02-2002, 06:19 AM
Is it Summer yet?

Re: Great Winter Car

Quote:
Originally posted by uconnscott
I just have to comment on the SVX in the winter.....

I have recently put on my almost new Bridgetone Snow tires (picture in my locker) and my SVX has not so much as slipped one inch so far this winter. Now I realize that it has been a very mild winter here in the Northeast, but I have been testing the traction wherever I can and the car handles great.

I have never had an all wheel drive car befor so maybe that is all it is, but this car is great all year long!! The only thing that worries me is the wear and tear that the weather will have on the body as I live in a condo with no garage. This fact and the fact that I love my car so much will force me to pursue a second car for next winter. This really seems like a waste of a good snow car, but I bought the car largely because of the look and I have to do everthing to maintain it. I will have a blast driving it this winter though
The first two winters we had the SVX, my wife and I shared it to commute to work and it never put a foot wrong even with the Yokohama's I had on at the time. I thought it was more predictable than the Legacy AWD we have.
But in the fall of 2000 we bought an AWD XT6 so that now the SVX is spared the exposure to all the "indestructables" in SUV's, and the tons of road salt they use in Wisconsin and Illinois.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 02-04-2002, 12:37 PM
Lowered SVX

not too much snow here......

but my new potenzas hold up very well in the rain.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"

Last edited by Aredubjay; 02-04-2002 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2002, 01:51 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: not too much snow here......

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
but my new potenzas hold up very well in the rain.
Sheesh! If we'd get a little "winter" around here, I could make a judgement. Now, they've moved the snow from Tuesday to Wednesday and they don't know if we'll get "flurries" or a "moderate amount."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Lowered SVX

uh....randy.....

you do realize you just jinxed yourself into blizzard oblivion?
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 02-04-2002, 03:04 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
There CANNOT, repeat, CANNOT be an SSE (Significant Snow Event) until the new tires get here. (Please?)
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 02-04-2002, 03:17 PM
Lowered SVX

SORRY SVXTER.....

but you will have randy to thank for your blizzard-like conditions this month.
"Too much fun to drive!"