IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-19-2001, 10:46 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Re: some moron in a v-8 thunderbird.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
challenged me last week. he got defeated horribly. normally i wouldnt race a dirtass like that, but once he got beside me at the light and began racing his engine..... i had to stomp his ass. killed him at the line and all throughout the powerband.
Man to be at less than 6500 feet. I just did the stop watch test (with a friend in the car) the other day doing a 0-60. Dissapointed to say it was around the 13s mark....how disgraceful. At that speed it would be tough for me to beat out a V6.

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 12-19-2001, 11:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello. My name is Billy, and Im a Suba-holic!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

They are all trick questions to you sub-liminals.
We are changing from Pounds to Euros here in January, so I can't make no cents of your answer.

{Not a bad stab at American double-negativism, eh??}

Joe
Ugh. Leave the double negatives to us, Joe. I reckon they don't suit you none.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-19-2001, 11:26 AM
Lowered SVX

nvrmore are you serious??????

there is no way you are in the 13's!!?? that is like six seconds too slow. something must be wrong with your car if it is performing like that.

i beat the thunder dude with no problem. but maybe my car is just quick. randy commented on how quick it felt when he drove it.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 12-20-2001, 06:06 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Stopwatch

Yesterday I did a stopwatch at about 6500ft and it was about 9 sec....maybe a little less. So, who knows...I did it at 700ft in MI and it was closer to under 7, so it varies quite a bit. I also feel that it drops significantly going up hill. Obviously it'll drop some, but it seems to just completely fall off. I dunno...maybe it's the exhaust and a loss of low end torque or sumptin.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 12-20-2001, 06:29 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Re: Stopwatch

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
Yesterday I did a stopwatch at about 6500ft and it was about 9 sec....maybe a little less. So, who knows...I did it at 700ft in MI and it was closer to under 7, so it varies quite a bit. I also feel that it drops significantly going up hill. Obviously it'll drop some, but it seems to just completely fall off. I dunno...maybe it's the exhaust and a loss of low end torque or sumptin.
That may be it, I did time it going into a very large hill. So this could very well explain the high time. But either way, lets look at it this way.

My car runs a 18.1s in the 1/4 mile, as does every other car in CO that I've seen run it. If my car does a 13s to 60mph this would almost make sense to me when I'm only doing about 80mph total in the 1/4.
Oh well, either way, I'm not looking for a race car, just wish mine was as quick as everyone elses.

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 12-21-2001, 08:18 AM
Lowered SVX

i understand nvrmore.

i am happy with the performance and look of my car. i just wish it would stop eating cv axles.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 12-21-2001, 09:15 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Stopwatch

Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100

That may be it, I did time it going into a very large hill. So this could very well explain the high time. But either way, lets look at it this way.

My car runs a 18.1s in the 1/4 mile, as does every other car in CO that I've seen run it. If my car does a 13s to 60mph this would almost make sense to me when I'm only doing about 80mph total in the 1/4.
Oh well, either way, I'm not looking for a race car, just wish mine was as quick as everyone elses.
You need an NOS-like setup with a SCUBA tank of compressed O2 in the trunk.

Maybe I'm totally off-base, but I would think it would help your power in that thin air without damaging anything. If you got it tuned right.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE