Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-06-2004, 04:42 PM
mark.simon

Unhappy someone HELP ME

new to svx ownership and computers [please bear withme]
my 94 svx is dead symptoms were as if running out of fuel missing and popping this was just after i fired her up after i replaced battery got a can of petrol she still wont fire up she has fuel from pump has a spark at plugs {how you get to them things] and the breakdown guy tested the power to injectors ok also when you squirt easy start in air box she tries to fire any boady please as you can tell am in the uk in leeds yorkshire svx are thin on ground over here told 200uk spec cars only regards mark simon my email mark.simon87@ntlworld.com ps i suspect its fuel related
Old 07-06-2004, 05:03 PM

try this

Replace your fuel filter,your sparkplugs are not as bad as they seem you just remove everything that you see thats in your way to replace them.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:08 PM
mark.simon

the fuel is ok out the pipe from the filter to eng i suspect no fuel to cylinders ???
Old 07-06-2004, 05:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Coolant Sensor

I had this EXACT same problem in the winter. What caused it was a bad coolant sensor. This can be purchased from most any Car shop.

I'm really pressed for time at the moment, but if anyone else here more knowledgable then myself agrees with me, could you give him the link to when I had those problems so he can learn where the part is, what the part is, how to remove it. ect ect ect...
Old 07-08-2004, 12:52 PM
mark.simon

Smile

thanks to all for advise this is the best bunch of car nuts ever have sorted problem it was water in tank when i let it run so low the water build up pulled thro i drained over 2 litres of water from tank all now back to normal once again thanks to all
Old 07-09-2004, 02:07 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Building with water.

Mark

Running with a low tank all the time, condensation from the tank sides can accumulate or build as you say.

However, it is really, really unlikely that you had 2 litres of condensation in your tank. It is far more likely that you got this water from a petrol station, it's lying at the bottom of their tank.

If, like me, you get your petrol in the one station all the time, go in and tell them about your water-in-the-fuel problem. Most likely it came from them. They are supposed to dip the tanks all the time with a special dye coloured rod. Water in the bottom of the tank shows up as a colour. If it's beyond the pick-up level, they are supposed to pump it out. They may not be aware they have a problem that's causing you problems.

Also don't forget to change the element in your fuel filter.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl