IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally posted by Bwana
I've gotten 6 tickets in 3 years. (5 in the SVX)...so quit whining ,
How do you still have a liscense? I thought it was suspended after 2 consecutive in IL...

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 04-29-2004, 09:33 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95

How do you still have a liscense? I thought it was suspended after 2 consecutive in IL...
Lawyer. Got me supervision on all of them. (and there were only 2 per year...so after the one year, the last 2 were wiped because of the supervision.)
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 05-03-2004, 02:19 AM
Crash

not yet

when i had my ecclipse I got pulled over at least 10 times, mostly for suspicion. Came out with three tickets. One ticket i was doing 105 in a 55. The cop said he knew i was going that fast but did not get the gun on me till i was doing 70 so that is what i got the ticket for. I have had my SVX for a year. I was pulled over in memphis twice--no tickets, and in Louisville once. There I was waaay over, here I was doing 37 in a 35, no, not exaggerating, and was told to slow down or get a ticket. He must have been bored.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Re: not yet

Must have been nearing the end of the month...cops get trigger happy to make their unofficial ticket 'quota'.

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash
There I was waaay over, here I was doing 37 in a 35, no, not exaggerating, and was told to slow down or get a ticket. He must have been bored.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 05-20-2004, 11:01 PM

First SVX ticket, and REALLY pissed..

Ok, this all started a few weeks ago, i was cruising on the highwya in my old (84) BMW... i was going 72in a 65.. speedo broken, but it is the same speed i drive on that highway all the time. i was going down a hill and talking to my girfriend, bam there's the state camaro coming the other way, i see the brake lights, and he whips through the median, the grass part no less.. Anway.. i was going 78 according to him (more likely 75), but, yeah i was speeidng, but i wanted to go to court just to try and get it reduced.. So i go back to the town for the court date.. on the way, i stopped at my post office.. i pull out and about 100 yards down the road, this cop comes over the hill and turns around after me.. saying he visually estimated my speed at 45 in a 30.. VISUALLY ESTIMATED!?! he saw me for about a second.. he came over the crest of a hill and wipped aorund behind me.. i was on the road for about 5 seconds when he saw me.. i know the SVX is capable of getting to 45 in that time.. but i was barely at 30... his radar proably through up 45 for a split second and he went on that.. i asked for a priont out or any proof of the radar clocking me he said he didnt have a print out.. i went down to the local police station about five minutes later.. to ask about what they need to issue a ticket if there should be some kind of print out, etc.. and guess who is in the office, the only one there.. the same guy who gave me the ticket.. i am sooo pissed now because i have to go to court for TWO tickets... the court date had to be rescheduled for my first ticket.. i don't wnat my insurance premiums to be jacked because of one ticket i deserved.. and one that is total bull.. anyway.. just had to rant cus i am pissed.. i think i will be taking pictures of where i pulled out and where he passed me and turned around and how close to the post office it was.. etc.. i really was not speeding in this case.. and i am pissed.. after i got the ticket, i wa going 30, exactly, and had a long line of cars behind me within seconds.. AHHHHH i hate the system..
I am not a bad driver, i don't speed excessivly..

My first Subaru, 1997 LSi #004 - SOLD!
Currently driving: 2002 Honda Insight, > 60MPG!
Old 05-20-2004, 11:53 PM
e'X-driver

lol that really sucks man 1 time i was driving my dads car (a Z28)
and a cop stayed with me for a good long time so i gund it up to 30 and he was pissed i cud see him in his car going damnit! he did not SPEED!!!!! than he was gone lol that was fun