How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Question starting problem...

i am gonna do a search and put this in tech Q&A also but this is the problem.
My car has been having a hard time starting off and on. I looked at the mass air flow and it looks dirty but should still work....i slightly cleaned the throttle body and i put a new coolant temp sensor in because the fans have been acting wierd. But still no luck finding the problem. I am thinking bout the timeing and checking each vacuum line but i would think this car should still start up the same each time i put the key in it...but right now i can go out and sometimes she will fire right up other times it make take 10 seconds or so. Anyone have any ideas??
Old 12-21-2003, 08:30 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Are the sparkplugs in good shape?
I also had starting problems after adjusting the TPS. Rotating it one way it wouldnt start unless I had my foot on the accelerator. Rotating it the other way it fired right up.

Maybe a new fuel filter and some drygas in the tank would help?
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

clean gas...plugs have 2000 miles on them might be the TPS...been thinking bout that...once she is started she runs great. odd, but i am messing with it...thinking about cleaning out the whole top end....throttle body, intake, valves, injectors. and fuel rails....might be worth the effort. All the fun you can have with a SVX