Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Superbeast

Chill Rob, I'm sure the whole car dosn't suck, just the wheels.

I got a buddy who's supercharging his SLC and having a little work done to the motor to handle more boost, it should be a pretty sweet front tire shreader. He was also going to put his spare VR6 in an 81 Rabbit, that would be sick.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:29 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
So basically what you're saying is that it's a great car, except the mods he did to it suck.

EXACTLY!.

I love corrados, but that one sucks. :|

- Rob

PS: Give me a Forest Green Corrado SLC anyday man. Tan leather interior! HELL YEAH! I almost bought one. Too bad it was thrashed.
nope because the words suck never came out of my mouth. He also has a strictly foreign body kit and the work is damn nice completely molded no lines at all. And he has a stage 2 engine build (course the other day whne we reaced I won due to a faulty vaccum hose).

You know I owned a Scirocco for about two weeks. paid 900 sold it for 1200.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:28 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Blowing hot and cold

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
the g60 supercharger is what im using in my SVX, it fits nicely where the AC goes Plus they are redily available at junkyards, rebuild kits are cheap.Moving the batt over to where the intake is/flipping the intake, an re arangin some other movalbe components(thanks to the tiny 5spd tranny too) will be a nice project. someone slap me now
phil
OK, here's a slap.

I'm inclined to agree with SVX driver to an extent. The G-Lader from the G60 is a bad piece of kit, even if you can rebuild it cheaply. Why fit it, with the cost and difficulty of the mod?

Also, Superchargers are essentially pumps. Bigger engines have bigger lungs, so need more gas throughput for the extra power derived. So they need a bigger pump, or more correctly, one that has a higher output and is capable of blowing more air/gas.

You are contemplating using a blower from a 1.8 engine, almost half the capacity of the 3.3 EG33. It will work, but it will be working too hard to give the gas input required. You would be better going with the Mustang variant, flow chart details will be closer comparison because the engine capacities are nearer in size. Distant memory has me thinking they used something called a Whipplecharger, smaller than the big brutish Roots type.

You should also strongly consider the newly developed European model made by Rotrex. Has a special gearbox multiplying speeds up by 9 and a half to one. You can buy them direct, the current model for the SVX would be the SP30-94, although there is a new model coming out soon called the C38 which might be ideal. They use them in the Lotus Exige, and they make crazy horsepower. Bolt on one of these and an intercooler, and you will be running 13s with your gearing!!

See
http://www.rotrex.eu.com/

Cheers

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 07-17-2003 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Superbeast

I thought G60's were 2.0L?

Old 07-18-2003, 01:09 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
So basically what you're saying is that it's a great car, except the mods he did to it suck.

EXACTLY!.

I love corrados, but that one sucks. :|

- Rob

PS: Give me a Forest Green Corrado SLC anyday man. Tan leather interior! HELL YEAH! I almost bought one. Too bad it was thrashed.
I love corrados too... The only one that I would have is a VR6 Corrado though... The only problem was that the VR6 that was in the corrados back then had very bad head gasket problems... So I think that I would get a Corrado and find a DOHC VR6 out of one of the new Gulf VR6's and drop it in.... Problem solved and ya have a stronger engine!!! Man, I almost bought a Red Corrado before I found my SVX... Glad that I didn't after I found out about the problems that they had... Still cool little cars though

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-18-2003, 01:18 AM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

I love corrados too... The only one that I would have is a VR6 Corrado though... The only problem was that the VR6 that was in the corrados back then had very bad head gasket problems... So I think that I would get a Corrado and find a DOHC VR6 out of one of the new Gulf VR6's and drop it in.... Problem solved and ya have a stronger engine!!! Man, I almost bought a Red Corrado before I found my SVX... Glad that I didn't after I found out about the problems that they had... Still cool little cars though

yeah now you have a completely problem free SVX

I think I said this somewhere but I had a Scirocco for about two weeks before I got the SVX. I think i might have some pics as well.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:11 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
I thought G60's were 2.0L?
The original early 90s cars had a 1.8 16v n/a and the 1.8 16v blown, aka G60.

In later years the n/a went to 2.0 litres 16v.

I am not really sure if they ever increased the G60 to 2 litres. Anybody know the model history?

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Superbeast

I dug up some G60 info.

HP. 158
Trq. 166

0-60 8.9sec
1/4mile 16.5sec
Top speed 137mph
Weight 2,835 lbs.

I got nothing on the VR6 but it should be easy to find.

Old 07-18-2003, 07:01 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Re: Blowing hot and cold

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

OK, here's a slap.

I'm inclined to agree with SVX driver to an extent. The G-Lader from the G60 is a bad piece of kit, even if you can rebuild it cheaply. Why fit it, with the cost and difficulty of the mod?

Also, Superchargers are essentially pumps. Bigger engines have bigger lungs, so need more gas throughput for the extra power derived. So they need a bigger pump, or more correctly, one that has a higher output and is capable of blowing more air/gas.

You are contemplating using a blower from a 1.8 engine, almost half the capacity of the 3.3 EG33. It will work, but it will be working too hard to give the gas input required. You would be better going with the Mustang variant, flow chart details will be closer comparison because the engine capacities are nearer in size. Distant memory has me thinking they used something called a Whipplecharger, smaller than the big brutish Roots type.

You should also strongly consider the newly developed European model made by Rotrex. Has a special gearbox multiplying speeds up by 9 and a half to one. You can buy them direct, the current model for the SVX would be the SP30-94, although there is a new model coming out soon called the C38 which might be ideal. They use them in the Lotus Exige, and they make crazy horsepower. Bolt on one of these and an intercooler, and you will be running 13s with your gearing!!

See
http://www.rotrex.eu.com/

Cheers

Joe
i am aware of what you are saying. I have since looked into a 5.0 centrifgual blower, an A/W intercooler will fit nicely at an angle right next to my throttle body now with a little bit of house cleaning and re arranging of the engine bay(the tiny 5psd trans helps too). And about 13's, i will have that with my nitrous kit that is on the way Do i hear 12's? as phil prays
phil
Old 07-18-2003, 07:26 PM
SVXdriver_007

Re: Re: Blowing hot and cold

Quote:

i am aware of what you are saying. I have since looked into a 5.0 centrifgual blower, an A/W intercooler will fit nicely at an angle right next to my throttle body now with a little bit of house cleaning and re arranging of the engine bay(the tiny 5psd trans helps too). And about 13's, i will have that with my nitrous kit that is on the way Do i hear 12's? as phil prays
phil

have you figured out the fuel managemnet or are you planning to boost low?
Old 07-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Blowing hot and cold

Quote:

phil

Good stuff Phil.

Nice that somebody is flying the performance flag for Subaru, but with the SVX.

You will have to look into fuelling if you add both a blower and nitrous, I'd say.

In the past, Harvey Down Under came up with some well researched information that the SVX will work on the current fuel pump and injector set-up for boost up to about 80 hp, without needing remapping and so on. This would suit me fine as a road car.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: