Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects

Old 05-14-2015, 12:44 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Twin Turbo EG33 Build - cozykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWindows View Post
That looks great! How much did the seats and suede cost separately (including materials)? I've thought about getting all the Alcantara paneling redone and re-upholsting the seats myself with a locally-made kit.
Did they also replace the seat foam?
Hey! Thanks
Below was my cost break down:

He replaced the foam that is part of the seat cover and added a little extra to the side bolsters:
old cover here:

new foam:

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 05-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

It looks amazing. What a difference, and I'm sure it looks even better in person.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 06-08-2015, 06:13 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX

Looks absolutely stunning. You have one of the best interiors on the club now, i'm certain. My only concern is the steering wheel. It looks like he put the new material over the old leather instead of removing it first. Is that how you wanted it done?
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:02 AM

12 pages in and im left wondering... any updates to this build?
Old 03-23-2016, 11:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan View Post
Looks absolutely stunning. You have one of the best interiors on the club now, i'm certain. My only concern is the steering wheel. It looks like he put the new material over the old leather instead of removing it first. Is that how you wanted it done?
Thank you for the compliments. You are right about the steering wheel. I wanted it striped down completely but he did it for free, soo... its fine for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billsy View Post
12 pages in and im left wondering... any updates to this build?
Yes, I'm just terrible at it. I've been posting to my instagram account and facebook but hadn't uploaded to photobucket and thus here.

Soo here are my general updates (as the engine is ready):
- Bought a DeltaSpeed 21st Anniversary bumper:

- Refinished the engine bay and had it cleared in DiamondFinish Clear for durability. This meant removing everything from the engine bay. I had some damage from battery corrosion that I wanted repaired and I finally found a paint shop that would take non-insurance work. I'm currently inspecting all the wiring and replacing broken/corroded wires.

- Pulled front suspension, recoated, and replaced bushings. Finally finished the engine mounts as well.

- Had steering rack rebuilt (had a leak) and replaced a steering rack:

- Started preparing for transmission swap. Nate happened to be visiting so with his encouragement and help, he and Matt pulled the 6 speed from my wrecked '05 STI. I've been preparing for the install by ordering some replacement parts and waiting on a spare SVX gas pedal to weld up my manual pedal assembly.

Next Steps:
- Complete wiring harness check and repairs. Waiting on some wiring to arrive to complete.
- Weld manual pedal assembly and perform any other prep work needed for 6 speed install (including how I install the clutch master cylinder)
- Install 6 speed (when Nate comes back down), update transmission wiring
- Decide if I really want to keep my ABS as I reinstall brake lines
- Install engine. (OMG finally!)
- Put front-end back together
- Have windshield wiper tank, coolant tank, etc combined similar to what killerb makes for the wrx in order to make more room for piping for turbo

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior

Last edited by cozykat; 03-23-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:48 PM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX

Marisa,

I'm giving you a friendly bump. I know you keep your Instagram updated and all those pictures would look very nice in a thread format. It's almost been a year since you last posted here

-Sam
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker
Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svx95 View Post
Marisa,

I'm giving you a friendly bump. I know you keep your Instagram updated and all those pictures would look very nice in a thread format. It's almost been a year since you last posted here

-Sam
Guilty!

I'll start organizing the pictures/descriptions tonight! John got on my case too. I got carried away with actually finishing things

Old 07-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Marisa

So how is the engine running in non-turbo mode with the Hydra? Any chance you've run it on a chassis dyno to establish a baseline Hp/Tq figure?

Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: