Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Engine parts

Im planning n replacing the head gaskets on my 92. But while I'm at it I'm wonder what else everyone recommends to do, I alreadyy plan on doing the rear main, oil seperator plate, and I have already done the valve covers,. Wondering I need to replace the idlers and other thing. Im just wondering how many cam seals in need and do they sell them in a package deal. I think I'm ganja get those cosmetic head gaskets and some stock head studs but I don't remember what website to get them at, I just remember seeing a link on a post on this forum or the other and had the number of each bolt that I needed and the part numbers on the studs. Just chime in on what you guys recommend and if you guys could point me the right direction on that link. Responses appreciated.

~Jesse
Old 06-04-2012, 07:00 PM

Re: Engine parts

Oh and another thing. The oil seperator plates are universal in all subies correct? And the cam seals would be the same diameter? I'm just trying to order all of my parts before I return to Nebraska from vacation
Old 06-04-2012, 07:48 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseSVX View Post
Im planning n replacing the head gaskets on my 92. But while I'm at it I'm wonder what else everyone recommends to do, I alreadyy plan on doing the rear main, oil seperator plate, and I have already done the valve covers,. Wondering I need to replace the idlers and other thing. Im just wondering how many cam seals in need and do they sell them in a package deal. I think I'm ganja get those cosmetic head gaskets and some stock head studs but I don't remember what website to get them at, I just remember seeing a link on a post on this forum or the other and had the number of each bolt that I needed and the part numbers on the studs. Just chime in on what you guys recommend and if you guys could point me the right direction on that link. Responses appreciated.

~Jesse
Cometic. You order them from cometic directly: http://www.cometic.com/sportcompact.aspx Go to the site and choose subaru, and then EG33. You want the 98mm bore, that is .066" thick.

The rest of the part numbers search the forum and you will find them pretty quickly. The part number for the head studs was recently posted on the other forum.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 PM

Registered SVX

Moved your thread to the tech section.
If you are going through everything, your best bet would be to get a complete reseal kit for the EG33 rather than ordering seals individually. Just the valve cover gaskets and grommets will equal half the cost of the entire reseal kit. And if you go with Cometic HG, you can sell the OEM gaskets to someone here. The reseal kit comes with every oil seal, valve stem seals, most coolant seals(not all), etc. Using an ebay timing belt kit will work fine, but get an OEM water pump. Rear seperater plate is the same as all other EJ's, just be sure to get the proper allen screws for the new plate as the tapered phillips heads will not work with the new plate.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:12 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Moved your thread to the tech section.
If you are going through everything, your best bet would be to get a complete reseal kit for the EG33 rather than ordering seals individually. Just the valve cover gaskets and grommets will equal half the cost of the entire reseal kit. And if you go with Cometic HG, you can sell the OEM gaskets to someone here. The reseal kit comes with every oil seal, valve stem seals, most coolant seals(not all), etc. Using an ebay timing belt kit will work fine, but get an OEM water pump. Rear seperater plate is the same as all other EJ's, just be sure to get the proper allen screws for the new plate as the tapered phillips heads will not work with the new plate.
Do you have/can you find part numbers for these?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-06-2012, 01:54 PM

Yeah what up with the part numbers on those bolts. I don't know if I need the 800406140 or 800406150 for the oil seperator
Old 06-06-2012, 03:06 PM

And would the head studs on rockauto work?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 PM

This would work for he seperator plate correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...#ht_1453wt_989