Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Engine Management

Old 07-16-2009, 02:53 AM

Installing Wolf3D ECU

I just brought a secondhand Wolf3D ECU to install in the race car. I plan to develop the maps etc on my daily drive then fine tune them for the race car. With be part of the race engine ECTune built up for me. Here is the link.
http://wolfems.cart.net.au/details/635751.html
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered fabricator

Re: Installing Wolf3D ECU

I'm very interested in how this system performs, keep us in the loop please! Even with the shipping and exchange to the US it seems to be pretty cost effective.

EG33 Impreza tweaks
Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 PM

Bob remember our $ is only 66cents to yours so there are companies that are sell units for $1,750 oz which is $1,155 US dollars.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:57 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyBob View Post
I'm very interested in how this system performs, keep us in the loop please! Even with the shipping and exchange to the US it seems to be pretty cost effective.
Diffinately. I'd like to get the Hydra but if this can do just as much for a less raped feeling....
Bob are you gonna be around EFI Logic for the 22nd? You should come to the NewEnglandSubars.com Super Meet and we could talk about ideas. Oh and did you end up getting an SVX or something or just really liked working on Jake's RS?
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Registered fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
Diffinately. I'd like to get the Hydra but if this can do just as much for a less raped feeling....
I think the Hydra is a great deal as it's plug and play. Don't underestimate the time it takes to build a custom wire harness! Jack recently upgraded the EG-powered RS from the Autronic to a Motec, I think he'll have about 30-40 hours into building a new harness from scratch. He hasn't run his car because of the time/money issue involved.
Quote:
Bob are you gonna be around EFI Logic for the 22nd? You should come to the NewEnglandSubars.com Super Meet and we could talk about ideas.
Wasn't planning to be down there, but maybe if my schedule allows I might ride my bike down.
Quote:
Oh and did you end up getting an SVX or something or just really liked working on Jake's RS?
-Gaddis
I was going to build another EG33 for a friend of mine who's racing semi-professionally, the goal is 425 whp this time around, with a higher budgetary allowance.

And I was thinking the EG33 would make a nice transplant into a vintage car that I own as well (a 1972 Toyota Corolla wagon...I'll make it mid-engined/RWD). I really like the engineering and potential of the engine. Funny thing is, that engine could be bone stock and it would haul butt...the Corolla weighed 1970 lbs before it got stripped out. And the EG33 is lighter than the original engine....

I've always liked the SVX's looks as well, but to be honest when they were brand new they were WAYYYY too expensive for me to consider, and having driven a few more recently I must say the car is too big/heavy for my personal tastes. I tend to go for lightweight/small and nimble cars, even at my advanced age!

EG33 Impreza tweaks
Old 07-28-2009, 07:27 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
I think the Hydra is a great deal as it's plug and play. Don't underestimate the time it takes to build a custom wire harness! Jack recently upgraded the EG-powered RS from the Autronic to a Motec, I think he'll have about 30-40 hours into building a new harness from scratch. He hasn't run his car because of the time/money issue involved.
Yeah though any number of options is good. My budgeting doesn't let me spend much on the SVX but maybe one or two "big" thingsa year. And that "big" has yet to be more than $1k. I want Hydra and know how good it is but money talks to.

Quote:
Wasn't planning to be down there, but maybe if my schedule allows I might ride my bike down.

I was going to build another EG33 for a friend of mine who's racing semi-professionally, the goal is 425 whp this time around, with a higher budgetary allowance.
I'd love to talk EG33 if you come. I want to build up my SVX eventually and I'd like to stay NA. At least that is work out bits that would be NA based that would be helpful if I add FI. I don't need much in this SVX or the next one.

Quote:
And I was thinking the EG33 would make a nice transplant into a vintage car that I own as well (a 1972 Toyota Corolla wagon...I'll make it mid-engined/RWD). I really like the engineering and potential of the engine. Funny thing is, that engine could be bone stock and it would haul butt...the Corolla weighed 1970 lbs before it got stripped out. And the EG33 is lighter than the original engine....
My Impreza is getting simular work. EZ30R.

Quote:
I've always liked the SVX's looks as well, but to be honest when they were brand new they were WAYYYY too expensive for me to consider, and having driven a few more recently I must say the car is too big/heavy for my personal tastes. I tend to go for lightweight/small and nimble cars, even at my advanced age!
I hear ya. I'm gonna be aprenticing Carbon Fiber fabrication in a year and I've been give the go ahead in advance on depeloping SVX stuff. I want to get a second chasis and start CFing the hell out of it and showcasing teh work I'll be learning and doing. The MSRP part yeah. I have the window sticker from my car. $34k in 1994 for my LSi.

Sorry DessertRunner for the thread jack. [/threajack]
Any updates on wiring this bad boy up? Any list of key features to the system? Anything like the insane mapping that Hydra puts together to display your specs?
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-29-2009, 04:32 AM

Its all good have agreed with Wolf the following,
Ship them my workshop manuals, the two idle valves.
They will build a wiring loom and set up a basic program which will enable the car to run.
When that is all done I have agreed to hire there Dyno and they will set up the car with the maps as well as teach me how to program the Wolf ECU.

So will keep you posted.
Tony
Old 05-10-2010, 04:08 AM

Okay have the car runner on the Wolf still need to develop the program but it is working well. Have got some map points from existing ECU which should be good to help develop a base map.
Tony