Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 01:15 PM
Ca$h

Um. WHAT electrical problems? Like I said. I've been a regular member at neons.org for over 3 years, spent countless hours on it conversing with people, literally talk to a neon enthusiast every day (at least one) and I have NEVER heard of electrical problems.

Secondly, peeling paint is not a reliablity issue. It is a QUALITY issue. However, like I said, THAT IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE. It was a problem with basically one color, and as a long as you avoid that ONE color, it should be okay.

Thirdly, just because I find the interior crappy and rattly does not mean its unreliable. Like I said, I thought the neon interior was pretty bad until I got in a sunfire and a cavalier. BLECH.

So yeah, I think they are RELIABLE, because the only issue neons have EVER had with reliablity was the headgasket, and that was cured over 5 years ago.

- Ca$h
Old 09-06-2002, 01:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
a head gasket is a verry big issue.. LOL and u blew one at 24,000 miles or something,, that would be the 1st sign to sell it,
Old 09-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Ca$h

God you are such a moron. Seriously, did you even graduate from high school?

Like I said. My car is an EARLY 1997 Neon. HENCE, ORIGINALLY it had a bad headgasket. Since the bad headgasket blew at 24,000 miles, it was replaced under warranty. I've had over 75,000 trouble free miles since then.

Understand now? No, you probably don't. I'll probably have to tell you this 8 more effing times before your feeble brain even attempts to grasp the concept of which I speak. Please castrate yourself to help out mankind.

- Ca$h
Old 09-06-2002, 01:31 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Ca$h
God you are such a moron. Seriously, did you even graduate from high school?

Understand now? No, you probably don't. I'll probably have to tell you this 8 more effing times before your feeble brain even attempts to grasp the concept of which I speak. Please castrate yourself to help out mankind.

- Ca$h
Hey man, chill out.

Why is there that much anger in you? I have never seen a 22 year old that is as (for the lack of better word) anal as you are or as much angry with things as you are. I agree, you have some great things to say once in a while. Just try to not jump on every comment. You will live longer. I used to jump on every case at one time. I get stressed and depressed very quickly.

Just trying to cool this place down a bit.

-- L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-06-2002, 01:32 PM
Ca$h

I can't help it. In my opinion, Solar is a moron. He says something stupid, I tell him otherwise, and then he shuts up for a few minutes, but then says the same thing. What an idiot.

- Ca$h
Old 09-06-2002, 01:34 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Ca$h
I can't help it. In my opinion, Solar is a moron. He says something stupid, I tell him otherwise, and then he shuts up for a few minutes, but then says the same thing. What an idiot.

- Ca$h
Ok I tried. Time for me to fly off again.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-06-2002, 01:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy

No offencse there, but the information in that link is rediculous, as all consumer reports info is. The Ford F150 is not a rliable truck. My sister had one that accumulated a number of problems, including water and oil mixing inside the engine as well as transmission problems. Both were replaced and the truck still didn't run right. After 4 breakdowns at low milage, they decided to get rid of it. They upgraded to a silverado 1500, listed under the unreliable cars section, which has proven to be a much bettter truck. I'm not taking sides, nor do I meen to deviate from the current argument, but just to let you know, consumer reports Doesn't provide very accurate information.
No offense taken. But, just like cash, your one personal experience does not invalidate Consumer Reports' compilation of owner experiences as a whole.

You can't discount Consumer Reports comparison of used cars (nor, indeed, everything they print) just because one person you know encountered a situation that proved contrary to what they said.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-06-2002, 01:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
cash im going to set u straight u may call me all the names in the book talk trash all u want.. face to face" u would never ever in your life time say the things u are saying",, so talk all the trash behind the computer and wish u never meet in person .
amen

boy i think this subject thread got so far off the thread title, =>

cash if u like to argue with your self do it on another thread, im shure most of us dont apreciate it.

this is a svx bulletin board lets keep it to that shall we,
Old 09-06-2002, 02:00 PM

Yes, that's true. I certianly can't verify that all their information is bogus, although in this case, I've Known a couple of other people with late model ford trucks who have experienced the same kinds of problems. On the F150 alone, I think there has been something like 6 recals. So how they can say it's more reliable than average truck is beyond me.
I think it could a case of questional data from consumers. After all, If I'm not mistaken, they do gather their reliability info from surveys. Who's to say that consumers provide accurate feedback. For instance, it could be that people with ford trucks are so loyal to Ford, as we are to our SVXs, that they tend to hold these vehicles in higher praise than they should be. It would be interesting to research this further.
Anyway, sorry for rambling on.
Dave.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 09-06-2002 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:16 PM
Green1995SVX

I locked this thread because it was getting completely out of control. We all need to communicate on a civil level here. Please, everyone, dont attack what someone says, or believes in. We can all work this out, but it will take the effort of ALL members to not have these little arguments.

Happy SVXing,

Mike
Closed Thread