How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-23-2008, 12:52 PM

Registered SVX
Arrow Salvage SVX's for sale

Does anyone know of any SVX's For Sale that have a salvage history. I am trying to find at least one so that I can show the price to the Insurance claim adjuster who is low balling me on our totalled 96 Lsi. I checked nada and low retail for my svx with current mileage is listed at $3950. He must be taking another 50% off of that figure, although he never gave me anything in writing, so I dont know what source he is using to come up with his figures. He is offering me $2100 or $1646 if I keep the car, which I plan on because there are so many new parts on it. This whole salvage B.S. is exactly that. Im getting shafted no matter what, but I would expect to get at least another thousand more than what Infinity is offering. Remember this wasnt our fault and Infinity is the liable persons insurance company. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 PM

Re: Salvage SVX's for sale

Sounds like State Farm!

Tell them to fix it or replace it!

The whole NADA is also a scam...
A combined setup for insurance companies so they can disregard the real Blue Book value of cars and so dealers can have something to show people so they can justify a lousy trade in offer.

Don't you just hate the thieving Insurance companies!

Hang in there. They will try to starve you out

Keith
Old 07-23-2008, 01:21 PM

Sometimes you can show them invoices on a couple of thousand dollars worth of new parts that you have put on and they may? agree that you possibly deserve another $20 for your car. (The way State Farm did me)

They are too big and will never settle fairly with anyone... Basically because they don't want to. Their slogan... Like a good neighbor, State Farm Is There! It should be... just "Forget it"

Sorry,
Keith
Old 07-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

If it isn't your insurance company, approach them with a replace/repair demand. Considering the car cannot be assessed truely this is the best option

Tom
Old 07-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

This is a grey area I think. You wish to raise the value of the car a few thousand, based on many new parts, which you'll be buying back from them when you keep the car, for only a couple hundred. It's sticky, because if you raise it up enough, they won't total it, and will attempt to repair. Then you'll get your car back, from who knows what mechanic, no cash, and a big hassle.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bizarre Send a message via Yahoo to Bizarre Send a message via Skype™ to Bizarre

I got $4710 for my wrecked 95 LSI (123000 miles) after 500 deductable.

Happy to send the records if you want cuz they truly justifed the SVX's actual value.

"In times of peace, a gentleman keeps his sword at his side." Sun Tzu c 300 b.c.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

I got 5200 from my insurance company after a 500 deductible. That was for a 1994 LSi with under 100k miles
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 07-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow

First off, you never accept the first offer the insurance company gives you. They lowball every offer they send out, which is a smart business decision.

Second, a 96 LSi is worth 5K + in decent running condition. What I talked to my insurance agent about is whether they could find another 2 door, AWD, luxury car that can replace it. those 3 adjectives limit it down to pretty much the 3000gt vr4 and the SVX. tell them to find a similar car for you to buy with the money they're giving you.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 PM

Registered SVX

Im not sure if you guys are addressing my concern exactly. I dont see anyway that the other persons at fault Insurance company (Infinity) will give me anything close to what my car is really worth because of the previous salvage history my car had before I bought it. I still have a copy of the original salvaged title and Bill of Sale that shows what I paid for it. $5,600 in Oct. 05. The car was already rebuilt when I bought it on ebay. Besides having the adjuster show me his source for the offer he made me, what other documents should I have to show them to properly negiatate for more money. Again, you guys all got what you should have, but you werent clear on whether your cars were previously salvaged. Thats why Im getting such a ridiculous low ball offer. Remember my car has previous salvage history. Look at my previously salvaged Maryland title, clear Maryland Title, and clear Connecticut Title.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAVE0003.JPG (535.4 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg SAVE0004.JPG (488.2 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg SAVE0008.JPG (155.7 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg SAVE0051.JPG (292.2 KB, 172 views)
Old 07-26-2008, 08:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX

I do not have any experience in this situation, but keeping all of your receipts and Bill of sale is a wise decision. Have you sat down with everyone stuffed the information in their mouth and demanded a certain amount. Yes the car is a salvage, but you just spent [insert amount here] at Old Tom's to fix some of that chop job done by the previous guy. Perhaps speaking with a lawyer would help. You've probably already done this, but I'm just thinking of ways to help. I would be too if I was in your situation. I would make their lives a living hell until I got the amount I deserved.

Give em' hell! ....oh and good luck
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)