SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-16-2008, 07:08 AM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
What year is your car? if you have an earlier year your box is behind the glove box and a pain in the ass to get to. If you are lucky ( like me) you have it in the trunk area in a very accesible area, in a compartment near the rear speakers. There is a little white screw on the side of the box. There should be an arrow telling you which way to turn it. I am by far no expert on these cars so I can only give you what I know from my expierience. So take it for what it is worth. Good luck.
I got a 92 so, behind the glovebox it is. I'll check it on alldata.
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L #5045 Dark Teal
1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon Gray (SOLD)
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black Ruby (SOLD)
1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe Ivory White
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue
1993 Subaru Legacy L Wagon Teal Metallic (SOLD)
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
One small note, not sure if it is related. The dome light is not working, but the floor lights work when opening and closing door and go out correctly. About a month ago the dome light suddenly was out, so I thought it was a bulb, then a few days later, it was working, so I don't know if the door pin (is there one) or whatever controls the dome light when you open the door has a bad contact. Not sure, but I would like to solve this, seeing that both times its occurred now, were back to back nights one at 1:45AM and the other at 11:45PM I inspected the car door and handle and windows, and there is no evidence of foul play.
I use to have this dome light issue periodically. What I noticed was that the metal contacts on the bulb would get corroded or oxidized. (However 1 or 2 times the bulb was bad and would just burn out quickly..) So to help the bulb have better contact, I put that 99 cent bulb grease you can by from Autozone, etc and globbed it on the contacts of a new bulb. I haven't had the problem since.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNYPNNY View Post
Sorry I can't help with your issue, but I have another related issue.

The horn sound when activating and deactivating the alarm/lock with my keyfob is getting softer and softer. In fact, sometimes I have to watch the lights to make sure the setting changed. My horn volume is normal, the locks engage/disengage normally, the sound is just getting fainter. I would really like to know how to fix this.

I'm assuming it's a relay somewhere, but I don't know where to look. Help?
I'd assume a relay as well. I too have quiet arm/disarm beeps but my horns work fine. I need to get an electrical wiring diagram of our cars so I can start tracing things... why am i so lazy...

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram