How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-17-2008, 07:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
Serious awd help!

so my svx is having some problems. i wouldnt mind much except pretty much the whole reason i bought it was because its awd (and they are amazing cars haha) but i needed awd. so anyway, my problem,

ive been noticing some weird things about my awd system, sometimes it wont engage and sometimes itll engage, but on a level that seems very small. most of the time it wont engage at all. today for example, i was on a very slight incline (snowcovered, but minimally, enough to be slick) and trying to go and i could feel my front wheels lose traction and spin, and it was like the rear wheels werent getting any power. i look out my window and the back wheels are only going as fast as im rolling up hill, finally i stop (front wheels still spinning) and the rear wheels are standing still. feels just like my saturn would if i was trying to drive it up that hill, only front wheel drive. so if anyone could help me out id really appreciate it. i need some serious help, im pretty helpless out here without it. some info you all might want to know:

brand new tires (less than 1000 miles)
tranny flushed recently
fwd fuse is NOT in haha
read my tranny codes, got 33 (speedo isnt working) and 24 (duty solenoid c) but the 24 i might have gotten from doing the \"previous code\" test or whatever it is. not for sure. any help would be much appreciated!
automatic

also this weekend im gonna change the rear diff fluid. maybe thatll help? just something cheap to try. thanks for any help, i REALLY appreciate it!

Last edited by JLHollowX13; 01-18-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Your speedo isn't working. If the TCU thinks all is fine and dandy up front, it won't send any power to the rear. Fix that speed sensor and you should be fine.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 01-18-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 View Post
also this weekend im gonna change the rear diff fluid. maybe thatll help?
No. Unfortunately, you may have an internal transmission problem. If I recall correctly duty solenoid C controls the clutch packs that send power to the rear wheels. If you're getting a code, that may pinpoint the trouble.

dcb
Old 01-18-2008, 02:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Your speedo isn't working. If the TCU thinks all is fine and dandy up front, it won't send any power to the rear. Fix that speed sensor and you should be fine.
i thought that even if no power is needed in the rear 10% of the power still goes there, hence the constant 90-10 split. my rear wheels arent turning whatsoever, i thought even if i dont need them to spin, they would still be getting some power.

also, where is duty soleniod c? can i get a new one and just replace it to fix the problem? if that is the problem then thats what ill do, if i can fix it.