Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 11-15-2006, 07:34 AM

WTB: Power Mod

Well, I need some more hp ppl. I have the ECU tune upgrade (stg 1) and the cold air intake. Is there anything else that's simple? None of that pulley nonsense, I don't wanna replace the alternator every 6 months.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
So you want something for nothing? There is a thread listing free mods started by Chiketkd. Your best gains for your money at this point would be from a transmission swap. 4.44's (4EAT) would be the cheapest and 3.90/4.11 (5MT) would cost a bit more.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Check my thread on dyno results. Exhaust and intake are areas of solid return.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-15-2006, 09:48 AM

Something for nothing? I just don't think 4 crank hp are worth a messed up altenator.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:50 AM

Exhaust...now what would you recommend? I know everyone does stebro, but I've been contemplating a Remus exhaust, no cats, 2.5 inch piping. It's deep, so it doesn't buzz or fart, and I can always add cats later. Good or no?
Old 11-16-2006, 06:28 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Check my thread on dyno results. Exhaust and intake are areas of solid return.
-Bill
Yeah and in a wind tunnel Honda Motorcycle cleaner and polish will get ya a 3% gain in top speed. In the real world you're still slow as a turtle taking a dirt nap.

Honestly, you're probably doing more harm to the engine with a interior cone filter than you would with an underdrive pulley. Provided you don't make only5 mile trips all day long you'd be fine. You could always replace your ps with an electric unit for about 5 or so horses, remove your ac for another 5 or so.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Yeah and in a wind tunnel Honda Motorcycle cleaner and polish will get ya a 3% gain in top speed. In the real world you're still slow as a turtle taking a dirt nap.

Honestly, you're probably doing more harm to the engine with a interior cone filter than you would with an underdrive pulley. Provided you don't make only5 mile trips all day long you'd be fine. You could always replace your ps with an electric unit for about 5 or so horses, remove your ac for another 5 or so.

-Bill
p.s. Ben - give me a call re: what you and Dave want to do with your roll cage this winter.

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 11-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide

-Bill
p.s. Ben - give me a call re: what you and Dave want to do with your roll cage this winter.
Its all dependent on Dave securing work I suppose. Did you get that local pearlie? I'm guessing that was to sleep in right?
Old 11-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Its all dependent on Dave securing work I suppose. Did you get that local pearlie? I'm guessing that was to sleep in right?
Jeez, have you been talking to my wife?
-Bill

My Locker
Old 11-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
I've had my underdrive on for almost a year now and zero problems to report on the original alternator. I think the electrical wiring upgrade helps in this area too. I think you gain a little more than 4HP with the amount of rotating mass your taking off the crank + underdriving.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Take all the crap out of your trunk.
You still have that turbo on there right? Id say just get the stage two software, and un-macgyver the fuel system so it works as designed, then go ahead and run a little more boost. May wanna free up the exhauast at that point, if you havent already. If your not going to do any actual engine mods, I wouldnt worry too much about the exhaust, as it flows *Pretty* well from the factory
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: